12 - Cheating

**Hey everyone! This chapter is from Damon's POV but you already know that since you're reading this.. hehe okay, on with the story!

Everything broke out into utter chaos. Liam lunged at Alicia and began engaging in combat. It was kind of cool, in a dangerous, you could die kind of way. Every time Liam plunged a clawed fist towards her she moved out of the way or blocked him. They spun and lunged blocked and dove over and over. They incorporated different moves, or at least Alicia did. I knew all the moves Liam did because we would often spar after the girls were asleep, or at least Fayre was. Sometimes I would catch a gleam of bright blue eyes in the moonlight on the roof or in a tree near us, but every time I looked again it would be gone. Odd right? Sorry I get sidetracked easily.

Liam finally placed a blow on Alicia's shoulder, his claws shredding through her clothes and skin. She hissed slightly with pain grabbing his wrist and twisting it causing him to follow suit. It seemed as though Liam would be killed, or severely injured, but I knew one of us would step in before that happened. Fayre would likely step in first followed by Anna backing her up while I watched from the side. I know sounds like a total jackass move right? Well, it was kind of fun to watch Liam get his ass handed to him by a girl. That sounded sexist. Shit. Ignore that.

I saw Fayre speak quietly to Anna out of the corner of my eye but I dismissed it quickly. Fayre walked off leaving Anna and I left to watch the show. Liam and Alicia continued to fight. Liam dropped into a crouched position his leg kicking out and sweeping under her intending to knock her over. Alicia toppled over and they began fighting on the floor. I saw Alicia's arm arc back as she slapped him. I winced as the sound reverberated through the room. My eyes followed their every move. Liam started to gain the upper hand after a few well-placed blows from Alicia.

It looked as though Liam could possibly beat Alicia. I don't know why the hell the fight started in the first place. My eyes flitted back to the fight and I paled slightly. Alicia could be our key to getting out but Liam was poised to kill her. He had her pinned to the floor his fangs in place a feature we all possessed except for her. One well-placed bite to the throat could kill Alicia, and then the unthinkable happened. Alicia leaned up her lips brushing against his and he froze in shock. My eyes widened slightly. Did she just... Kiss him?! Alicia's hand slammed upwards and there was a flash of silver and Liam doubled over.

I could faintly hear the sound of Anna scream and rush towards them as Liam rolled off of Alicia clutching a dagger embedded into his stomach. Fayre came running from the kitchen where she had gone unable to watch the fight. I moved forwards grabbing Liam and lifting him. I brought him up to the library where Fayre had been waiting. Anna had taken ahold of Alicia bringing her down to the game room to keep her from hurting anyone else.

I set Liam down gently on the window seat. I lifted my wrist to my lips my fangs ripping through the flesh. Blood trickled down my wrist in a warm stream. I held my wrist out to Liam and he drank the blood without any hesitation. The wounds slowly knitted themselves together. Fayre helped Liam take off his shirt and she gave him a warm wet cloth to wipe away the blood from his wounds. I gave Fayre a light kiss on her forehead and Liam gagged and smacked my side. I chuckled and Fayre smiled.

Fayre left the library after scolding Liam while I tried my best not to laugh. She went to his room bringing back a clean shirt and handing it to him. "Why did you freeze up?" Fayre prodded poking him with a finger. Liam looked at her incredulously. "What do you mean, why?! She kissed me Fayre. K-I-S-S-E-D me!" Fayre snickered, "Oh relax, it was just a kiss." Liam sneered but said nothing and sat up. "It's not like yo-" Liam was cut off by a scream from the basement that sounded like Anna. I looked to Fayre my eyes pleading to see what had happened and Fayre gave a slight nod and made sure Liam didn't follow.

I turned racing down the hallway and down the steps. I ran through the house and jumped down the next set of steps to the basement. Anna and Alicia were sitting across from each other on the couch and Alicia was showing Anna some spells and some of her blades and boots and things. My eyes first ran over Anna making sure she wasn't hurt then over Alicia. "What the hell happened!?" I said rushing to the couch and looking at the coffee table. And arrangement of weapons were laid out.

Anna grinned her eyes were wide and glowing with delight. Not a hair was out of place on Anna's head. She looked fine and seemed happy as hell. Anna raised a hand to her mouth and leaned back slightly trying to hind her chuckle. I glared at her my instincts roaring in my ears. The experience of hundreds of years by her side had told me that if she screamed something was really REALLY wrong. "It was just a girlish scream she said with a wave of her hand dismissively. I rolled my eyes and spoke. "You don't have a 'girlish scream' dumbass." I snickered and Anna shook her head.

Alicia's hand twitched towards the weapons on the table and Anna gave her a pointed look. "He's just teasing Ali." Alicia glared at her. "I told you not to call me that." She said and Anna grinned. She was one of the few people I knew who could do that. When someone said, don't do that or don't call me that, she turned around smiling brightly and would do it. No one would get mad at her they would just glare at her and laugh or get pissed for a moment and would drop it. Trust me I would know, I was there on many of these encounters, and participated in about half of them.

I watched Anna eye the weapons on the table and begin talking with Alicia about them. Alicia would pick one up handing it to Anna to feel the weight and how it felt. I leaned against the wall near them watching Alicia with sharp eyes. I crossed my arms watching them both closely, whenever a weapon was passed between the two of the I would lean off the wall slightly watching, waiting. I saw a flash of silver and half lunged forward towards the girls. The blade disappeared down Alicia's boot and Anna clapped. She noticed my agitation and waved me over.

"Come sit." She stood and I walked over sitting behind her on the top of the couch. She smiled sweetly and sat on my foot. I chuckled slightly and watched them exchange blades once more. I had always been protective of her, but that's a story for another time. I saw a flash of silver and Alicia's hand shoot out towards Anna. I saw her eyes widen and I lunged forward. "No!"