My eyes widened as Jamie's head snapped to me, her eyebrows raised.

I smiled at her sheepishly and nodded. "It's true."

She grinned so brightly and her whole face glowed in happiness.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy!"

Jake and I chuckled at her explosion of happiness and excitement which I actually found it adorably funny.

"Wait, when's the date?" she asked as she sobered up a bit.

"Tonight actually."

My head snapped to him and my eyebrows raised. Did he just say tonight?

"So, you're planning to ditch my charity event?" Jamie said raising an eyebrows and crossing her arms.

I looked at Jake to see that he was smiling sheepishly at his mom.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Fine. You can leave in an hour. But tell me first before you leave!"

"Thanks mom." He said smiling brightly at her.

She rolled her eyes again and smirked. "Mhmm. You better take care of her, I like her."

I blushed at that and Jake chuckled.

I'm starting to love Jamie more and more.

An hour later

"Time to go." Jake whispered in my ear, his hand intertwining with mine.

He turned back to the group of people we were currently talking to and excused ourselves.

We looked for Jamie to tell her that we were about to leave. She was with Harold talking to a couple and two more men.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt, but can I borrow my mother for a second?" Jake said, so formally if I may add.

Jamie excused herself as Harold continued to talk to the group.

"We're leaving now." He informed her.

"Ohh, have fun alright? And be careful." Jamie said excitedly as she pulled me in for a hug.

I hugged her back and smiled at her once we pulled away. "Thank you so much, Jamie."

"Bye mom." Jake said kissing his mother on the cheek, which I found so cute. A grown man not afraid to kiss his mom in public.

Jake grabbed my hand again and we exited the ballroom and down grand stair case, thankfully the paparazzi weren't present this time.

Jake helped me with my coat and then put his coat on as well.

We went outside to be greeted by a man beside a black Chevy pick-up truck.

"Is everything in there?" Jake asked getting the keys from him.

"Yes, sir." He said nodding respectfully.

"Alright, thanks."

The guy nodded again and left us. Jake grabbed my hand making me look at him.

"Come on. We're gonna stop by the pavilion." he said as we walked to the car.

He opened the door and helped me get in before going around to the driver's seat.

He got in and since the car was already on he stepped on the gas and drove to the pavilion which was only a minute drive away from the building with the ballroom.