17. Miss Me With That Sappy Gay Shit

Start from the beginning

After three emotional breakdowns, a bucket full of tears for a shitty person who raised an incredible son, and a shit ton of hugging and touching, a song was finally born. 

"We're going to go grab dinner, did you guys want to come?" Milo asked as he took off his headset once we finished laying down the background track. 

"No, I think we're going to stay here and work on this. We're kind of on a time crunch since the awards are next week," I wave them off, really not feeling up to a double date with my sister at the moment. 

"Alright, see you tomorrow at practice then, and don't forget your fitting is at 8 am," My sister reminds me and I groan.

"Who put me down for 8 in the fucking morning!" I whine but she skips out before I can protest further and a silence ensues.

A very awkward one. 

Thomas let out a deep sigh as he took to the laptop and reviewed our notes. I sat back in my chair, tilting my head towards the love of my life and imagining what I would do without him. 

My hands were shaking with fear when he walked into the bathroom. I thought he would only be there for like ten seconds max. He wouldn't find it. Why would he even look in the tra-

"Hey Matty, what did you need a pregnancy test for? Is it one of those joke ones or something? Were you planning a prank?" Thomas asked and he walked out of my bathroom. His wide smile disappearing once he saw my face.

"I mean did someone pull a prank on you? Cause...you can't exactly..." 

Within seconds the fucking hormones had me balling my eyes out and Thomas rushed to my side. 

"Matty? What's wrong? What happened?" He cooed as he held me in his arms and squeezed my head to his strong shoulder. 

I was contemplating everything at that moment. Abortion was terrifying because what if someone watched me walk into the clinic and sent it to the press? How would I explain it?

It seemed like suicide was the only option left. 

"I'm pregnant," 

I remember telling him in one tearful breath and instead of shoving me away and treating me like the freak of nature I am, he only pulled me closer. 

Without Thomas, I wouldn't be here, the little Lemon wouldn't be here or life would be shit because I would have no one. 

Did I fall in love with him because of the baby? 

Maybe the circumstances surrounding little nugget pushed me in his direction but I still loved him for who he is as a person, not what he would be like as a potential father.

I cleared my throat and yanked off my sweatshirt, feeling sweaty as fuck in this boxed in a windowless room with very little AC. Thomas enjoys warm environments but I was always a colder climate kind of guy.

In just a tight white tank top, you could see my defined muscles along with the new curve to my stomach. Since the morning sickness had subsided, I finally started gaining weight and it was showing. 

I stood up and walked over to the wall of guitars, looking back to find Thomas still hadn't moved an inch. Too focused on his work to notice me as I pulled my favorite acoustic guitar off the rack, cursing myself out under my breath at the sappy shit I was about to pull. 

But I had a feeling it might do the trick. 

I pulled the camcorder Thomas had given me for the baby out of my bag, pressing record so if this moment turned out to be a sweet one I would show it to the nugget one day and if not, I'd enjoy destroying it in a bonfire.