Chapter Ninteen

Same day
Dencia,

I rocked Kayden till he fell asleep. I put him on the bed since there's no crib. My phone began ringing. I contemplated if I should answer it. I just decided to.

"Hello." I said shakily. "Where are you and Kayden?" Bryan asked. "I'm going to stay at my sister's for a while." I announced. "I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I need you and Kayden back home." He said.

"You had a reason to hit me. You definitely meant to do it." I took a deep breath. "I didn't. It was an accident." He expressed. "Accident? You expected me to cook while you were at work and Kayden was crying all day. Since I didn't cook I got hit." I yelled.

"I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have done-" I cut him off. "I know you're going to do it again. That's why I left." I stated. "Dencia you have to believe me when I say I won't do  it again. I don't know what came over me that day." He mentioned.

"You know I think my trust for you is slowly fading. You've been disrespecting me like I'm a maid. I'm your wife not your maid." I indicated. "Babe, I get it. You're not a maid and I shouldn't treat you like that." He said.

I don't know what changed. Hopefully he changes back. "I think you and Kayden should come back home. I miss y'all." He told me. "Maybe we should take a break just to know if... you know." I stated.

"No. We are not getting divorced. I love you and that is never going to change." He said. I smiled. "We need a break though." I thought. "Ok fine. Have your little break just know that you can be replaced." He said seriously. I laughed.

"Try it. I might just kill you in your sleep." I said. "Watch me." He said. I know he's tempting me. He just wants me to come home. "Try it na and you go see the other side of me." I said in pidgin.

Translation: Just try it and you'll see the other side of me.

"I can't wait till that side comes out." He teased. "I'll be back tonight with Kayden. Happy?" I asked. "Very. I um went to the hospital today and..." He stopped talking. "What happened?" I inquired eagerly.

"I can't have another kid." He stated. "What do you mean you can't have another kid?" I asked. I definitely want more kids in the future. "The doctor said my sperm count is low." He told me.

"So you can still have a child there's just a small chance." I mentioned. "Yeah, I guess." He stated. I wanted us to have more children I guess that may not happen anymore. "If we can that's great. If we can't that's ok." I assured him.

Nadia,

"I think he's cheating." Mia said over the phone. She's only a month and she's having all these thoughts. "There's no way he can be." I assured her. I know Alphonse. He's too good to do that.

"I think it's because I'm adding weight." She thought. "You added weight when Marion was in your stomach. Did he cheat then?" I asked. She's insecure. "No but-" I cut her off. "I'll tell you this ask him about it. If he says no it probably means no." I advised.

"You know what. I'll ask him." She decided. Every woman is a bit insecure when they're pregnant. I get what she's going through. Alphonse isn't like Kevin so what she's thinking better not be true.

"Mommy." Bella said while coming into the room. "Bella needs me so I'll talk to you later." I mentioned. "Ok, bye." The call ended. I gave Bella my attention.

"My show stopped can you put it back." She said. "Please." She added. I nodded and then I followed her to put her show back. Dencia walked in to the living room. "Bryan's coming to pick Kayden and I up." She stated. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He hit you and now you want to go back." I outraged. "He has some stuff going on. He needs me." She told me. She doesn't need to go back home to a woman beater.

"That's bullshit." I said. I don't care about what he has going on but for my sister to go back to him is a bad idea. "I just have to go back. I love him." She mentioned. "I'm not forcing you to stay. Just put him in check." I suggested. She nodded.