Chapter Fifteen

November 6th
Alphonse,

It's midnight, Mia and Marion aren't back yet. I've been calling her but her phone is switched off. I knew they went to get ice cream. All ice cream shops are way closed by now.

I decided to call my friend Elijah. "What do you want Alphonse?" He asked. "Am I disturbing you?" I wondered. "Yes you are. I was sleeping." He answered.

"Is Mia over there?" I asked. "No. She isn't." He ended the call. Mia and his wife Isabelle are close. Mia has been going to Isabella's house when we have arguments. I called Kevin. He should have some idea where she is.

"Why are you waking me up?" Kevin asked. "Where's Mia?" I questioned. "I don't know she's your fiancée not mine." He growled. "What's Nadia's number?" I inquired. He gave me Nadia's number.

I called Nadia next. She didn't pick up. I didn't call her again. I don't want her to spazz on me.

Do I wait? Did Mia and Marion get kidnapped? If they did, I'm going to find out who kidnapped them and then I'm going to fight whoever kidnapped them.

I just need them back. Truth is, I wasn't working till 2 am. I was hiding at Nadia's house with Kevin. Mia and I have been fighting a lot. I didn't want to go and see how she was because she'll start yelling at me about something.

10:30am

I have barely slept. I fell asleep at two in the morning. I called Nadia's phone over and over. My phone started ringing. It's Mia. I took a deep breath. I hope nothing happened to them.

"Hello." I said. "Hey. I didn't see any of your calls yesterday. Marion and I ended up visiting Nadia after getting ice cream and I fell asleep last night crying." She mentioned.

"What do you mean by crying?" I scrunched up my eyebrows. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be yelling at you all the time. Nadia made me take a pregnancy test and I'm pregnant." She answered.

Now I understand why she was yelling all the time. When she was pregnant with Marion she yelled less and cried more. This pregnancy is different.

"The baby better be a boy this time." I smiled. I hope it's a boy. I need a little me to be like me. "I want another girl." She said. "It's gonna be a boy." I mentioned.

"We'll see." She said. "I wasn't at work till 2." I confessed. "I knew it." She exclaimed. "I was with Kevin at Nadia's house." I told her. "Why'd you lie?" She asked. "I just needed a break from your yelling. I know I should have been there because you were sick and Marion was crying. I'm sorry about not being there." I sighed.

"Next time you should not come up with some lying ass excuse." She told me. "I won't. Where's Marion?" I asked. "She's sleeping in her car seat." She replied.

I felt like we were back to normal. There's nothing that can break us apart. I'm committed to this relationship and always will be.