Chapter Nine

April 29th
Nadia,

I got dressed for my date. I wore a blue off-the-shoulder shirt with white jeans and white converse. I put on some light makeup and I put my hair in two French braids.

My phone started ringing. I picked it up. "Hello." I greeted. "So you're seriously going on this date." Kevin said. I know that he's bothered by this but he needs to tell me a reason why.

"Bye, Kevin." I ended the call. Dencia and Mia are acting like Kevin. They see something wrong with me going on a date with someone I have no feelings for. I don't see what's wrong with it.

I finished what I was doing. I got my bag and then I left the house. I decided to meet him there because Bella wasn't feeling well a couple of days ago so if Mia calls me after or during I'll need to leave right away.

I couldn't leave her with Kevin because he's spending time with his girlfriend.  Mia is babysitting Bella by herself because Alphonse is out of town. Dencia went to the States to visit Paul and his family.

I parked my car. I checked the time. I'm late. I quickly got out of my car. "I am so sorry that I'm late." I told Wilson. "No worries. I'm used to it." He shrugged.

I wonder what he meant. Has he been on other dates that women have been coming late? To think of it he never offered to pick me up for this date which I know most guys do.

Wilson decided on a scary movie. I am not into scary movies. I didn't object since he's the one paying. I offered to pay for the popcorn but he refused. We ended up sitting at the back of the movie theater.

Halfway through the movie, I got up to use the bathroom. After I used the bathroom I washed my hands. I checked my phone if I had any calls from Mia. I didn't.

I had ten missed calls from Kevin. He also sent me a text. It read please call back it's an emergency. I called Kevin. "You called back." A woman said. "Who is this?" I wondered.

"I'm Kevin's girlfriend, Tatiana." The woman said. "Where's Kevin?" I asked. "Kevin's right here but he's only speaking French." Tatiana mentioned.

"What do you mean?" I wondered. "We were playing basketball and the ball fell on top of his head. He passed out for a bit and out of nowhere he started speaking French." She explained.

"Did you call Mia?" I asked. "I did but she's not answering." She stated. I looked at the time. It's 8:46. Mia and Bella would be sleeping by now. Mia loves to go to bed early.

"I don't know what to do." She told me. "I'm on my way." I said. I ended the call. What do I tell Wilson? That I have to go because my ex needs my help. That isn't going to work. I have to lie.

I went back to the room that the movie is in. I sat on the chair. "Wilson." I whispered. "Yes." He whispered back. "I have to go. Bella has a fever." I lied. He nodded. He didn't say anything so I left.
***
I took the backup key from the mat and I opened the door. "Kevin." I yelled. "Je suis dans ma chambre." I heard Kevin yell.  I went upstairs to Kevin's room.

Kevin was sitting on his bed. Tatiana was nowhere to be found. "Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?" I questioned. "J'ai mal à la tête." He answered.

"Desole." I sympathize. A woman walked into the room. "You must be Nadia." She mentioned. "And your Tatiana." I acknowledge. "That I am. I have to go. My aunt needs me to pick her up." She mentioned. I nodded.

I'm guessing her aunt didn't need to pick her up by the way she was dressed. She probably thinks that Kevin got hurt so there's no way they can be together anymore. She was dressed like she had some plans tonight.

I decided to take Kevin to the hospital. The doctor says he has a concussion. He may speak French long term.