Be My Guardian Angel [NOW A BOOK]

A au where Patrick is an angel and Pete is a depressed human.

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠: Contains depressive scenes and suicidal talk. If any of this triggers you, please, for your safety, do not read. Read at your own. I care about all of my readers, and if any of you feel this way, please, get some help. My messages are open anytime if you need to talk. 💞💕

[Pete's POV]

Just let me end it all. All I am is a depressed piece of shit and has no purpose in life. Nobody likes me and I shut everyone out. Why was I even born?! I sigh as I look out my window. That's it. I'm ending my life, and no one can stop me.

I was at a high ledge, right above the ocean. I put down my suicide note right next to where I was standing. I put weights in my jacket pockets. With no hesitation, I jump off the ledge. I hit the water with a large splash. As I was sinking, I thought, "I am free now. "

[Patrick's POV]

I am a Guardian Angel sent down to protect someone, but their appearance was really familiar. I was walking around near the ocean. My eyes points to a ledge, then I see a note. I ran as quickly as I could to the note. As I was reading through, I became horrified by what I have read.

I looked down into the ocean, I see a boy about my age, sinking below the surface of the water, In a huge panic, I jumped into the water and swam in the direction of where he was. He looked like he has blacked out already. I grab his waist and try to swim up, but something was weighing him down. I reach into his pockets and found weights. I removed them and swam up as fast as I could. I swam to shore, hoping that he was alive. Once I lowered him down onto the sand, I checked if he had a pulse, his heart wasn't beating. I checked if he was breathing, he wasn't. "Oh no... "I say to myself. I knew what I had to do. I lowered my lips onto his, and breath slowly but carefully into his lungs. After a couple rescue breaths, I pushed down heavily on his chest, counting to 30. After several minutes, he still wasn't responding. I was getting more worried by the second. After 35 minutes of CPR, he wasn't responding. When I was about to give up. I whispered, "Please wake up.. " when I gave one last rescue breath, he tensed up. I pulled away and helped him get all of the water out.

"Are you alright? And why would you want to kill yourself, you look like an amazing person to me. That's when I noticed, he was my best friend from my old life, before I passed away from a car accident last year, his name was Pete Wentz. He gasped and looked up at me, and his eyes widened. "P-Patrick? Is that you?" he asked. "Yes, Pete. I'm Patrick, I know it might not seem possible, but, I'm here. " I say, on the verge of tears. He got up weakly and hugged me tightly and cried. "Patrick, you died. How are you here? How did you save me?" He sobbed. "I was sent down to protect you. Why would you want to kill yourself, you are an amazing man and also my best friend." I lifted his chin up so he was looking me in the eyes. " I wanted to be with you, s-so I tried to kill myself. I love you Patrick..i missed you so much..now that you are my Guardian Angel, you will be always be with me. I
love you.." Pete sobbed. I was astonished by what he had said. "Pete, I love you,too, I love you so much that it hurts to be without you." I replied. Suddenly, the most amazing thing happened, he leaned in and kissed me. "I love you. " I blushed. "I love you too, Patrick." Pete replied. We ended up loving each other forever.