Caring Friends {Mermaid Pete AU}

It is a sunny day in Florida, me and Pete were hanging out near the beach. Pete was looking up at the sky then, he stood up and put his arms out. "I love the feeling of the first day of summer." He says, as his hair flows in the wind. "Me too, I love summer." I reply, smiling. I wander towards the water, I see something. "What's that? " I say to myself, then, SPLASH! I fell into water, and I can't swim. "Oh no! Patrick!" Pete's eyes widened in fear. He jumps into the water, and becomes a mermaid. "No, no, no, no, no!" He said, worried about me. He hears someone struggling to breathe in the distance. Patrick! He thought. He swims quickly towards me. "What the?... " I say when i see him. My eyes close, and something grabbed me. "Hey! Give him back you monster!" Pete quickly says. It was another mermaid. She was my friend. Her name was Amalia."Hey Pete! I found him! He doesn't look so good."Amalia has a worried look on her face. "I need to take him to the surface, or he will die down here!" Pete started to cry. "I'll help!" She says confidently. They swim me to the surface.

They lay me on the sand, and they were now human. "Oh no." Pete says. He puts his fingers on my neck, feeling, hoping for a pulse. Nothing. He looks up at Amalia with a concerned look on his face. She takes out a mirror and puts it to my mouth, checking for breath. She gives Pete a worried look. "Do CPR. Now." She says, voice shaking. "Okay." He replies. Pete breathes into me, hoping i am okay. A few minutes later, I still wasn't responding. "Keep doing CPR, and he will be fine, I promise." Amalia says. He continued on.

45 minutes later, I shoot up and cough, and grasp my neck. Pete breathes into me again, just to help me breathe. "P-Pete...... " I say, sounding like i am dying. "Patrick!" He responds to me. "Can you breathe?" He asked. "No, *grunt* not... Really.... " I gasp. "Amalia, call 911. Please." He asked. "Patrick, I'm gonna breathe into you until the EMT get here, okay?" He asked. "*grunt* Okay....... " I respond. He leans in and breathe into me, putting his hand on my face. What happens if he doesn't make it? He thought. A few seconds later, Pete doesn't feel me breathing anymore. "Patrick?" He asked. I passed out from lack of oxygen. "No..... *Sob*" he started to cry, hard. The EMT arrive when Pete has me in my arms, crying into my chest. Pete and Amalia go to the hospital with me.

"Move! Move!" The doctors yell. Pete and Amalia follow. "We're losing him!" A female doctor yells. "No.. This can't be happening. It can't be. He can't be dying. No..!! " He smashed a window in anger. "Pete!" Amalia yells. She runs up to him. "He will survive this, I promise." She says. "Okay.." He sobbed. A few minutes later, a doctor calls Pete into the room.

"He is saved." The doctor said, with a smile on her face. "Patrick?" He says as he walks in. "Pete?" I respond normally. He runs towards me as Amalia walks in. "Oh my god, you're alive, I can't believe that I didn't save you quick enough, i-" I cut him off. "Pete, it's fine, and I have a question. Were you and Amalia mermaids when you saved me?" I asked. "Yes, you are correct. I am glad that you're okay!" Amalia says then runs to me, and hugs me. Pete walks up to me, and then kissed me. "Aww!" Amalia says.