Chapter 16

Standing in front of the LA police station the BAU team is ready to deliver the profile with the LA police team sitting and waiting for the information.

Hotch opens up the profile, "We're looking for a white male, mid-twenties late thirties, about six foot tall, and plays Damsel in Distress to gain access into homes."

Prentiss cuts in, "He likes to stalk his victims for long periods of time to memorize their schedules like when they wake up, eat breakfast, leave the house, return home, eat dinner, and go to sleep."

Morgan jumps in, "He waits until 11:30 pm when the kids are asleep but the parents are still awake. But his last two mistakes was that he didn't wait till the kids were asleep. With this long of a stalking period he might be able to murder the parents without waking the kids."

Reid enters the conversation, "If needed double patrol near or around family suburbs. Especially near 359 East Boulevard."

The officers of Los Angeles disperse from the station and head back to work. Some of the BAU members walk away until JJ stops Reid, "Spence what's been up with you? Ever since we ate breakfast at that diner you've been acting weird?"

Reid looks into JJ's eyes, "I know. I just got a weird feeling after we met that girl, Lyric. I feel like her family could be the Unsubs next target."

JJ gives Reid a soft look, "That's why you told the officers to double up near her house." Reid looks down and walks away.

--

After the profile was delivered the local authorities didn't hesitate to double up near family suburbs. Police cars were riding up and down every street for hours on end even until three in the morning. Unfortunately, nothing happened on the first few nights, until a week later.