Chapter 10

At the Melody's house, the family is enjoying an evening out in their backyard playing around with their little sunshine, Lyric. The father, Jerry, was throwing a tennis ball over Lyrics head while her mother, Emily, was catching it on the other side. A classic game of Monkey in the Middle.

The black car they appeared two days ago came back and parked in the same spot, across the street from the Melody house. Lyric was jumping up as high as she can go, "Daddy I can't catch the ball. It's not fair!"

Jerry caught the ball one more time, "You think it's unfair? Well, you better start growing." When Jerry threw the ball up to the sky, he didn't use a lot of force. The ball went up then came down and bounced towards Lyric. "Oh no! My arm didn't throw hard enough!" Lyric ran to the ball and picked it up, "I got it, I got it!"

The mother laughed at her daughter's excitement, "Way to go sweetheart! Looks like daddy's tired and needs some rest." Jerry picked up his little girl and flew her around like an airplane towards the house to rest for the rest of the day.

--

Meanwhile, in the black car, the man took more photos of the happy family and started writing down information in a little notebook. He mumbled to himself again, "They're forcing you to be happy. I know you're not happy Princess, but don't worry, I'm coming to rescue you."

The man gets out of his car and walks around the entire house undetected by the family living inside, "The normal accesses, front, and back." Reaching the backyard he noticed someone talking to themselves in their room, looking into the window he sees the person, his "Princess". Swiftly moving out of sight, the man mumbles again, "After the playtime is over they lock you away in the dungeon, don't worry little one, your knight in shining armor is coming soon."

Reaching his car he heard people talking outside, it was the mother and father. He got into his car and listened to the conversation.

Emily shut the front door and talked to Jerry, "Babe when are we gonna get married? We've been together for five years and you still haven't proposed to me yet."

Jerry sat down with Emily, "Emily you know I can't tell you when it's gonna happen, it has to be a surprise. You know that you've been down that road before."

She runs her hands through her hair, "I know that, and he was a mistake. You're different, Lyric actually believes you're her real father and not that jackass."

Jerry chuckled at the thought of Lyric. "I forget that I've been in her life for five years. Gosh, it feels like I was there when she was born." Emily smiled at her boyfriend and nodded. "I guess I can give you a hint." The girlfriend looked excited, "All I can say is... soon."

The man in the black car looked disgusted, "What? They're not even married? I need to save her!" The man started his car and drove off in anger going 20 over the speed limit. Throughout his drive, he started discussing his plan to rescue the princess aloud to himself planning every single detail to the dot.