Chapter 1

During the windy Saturday night at the Riley household, the family was cleaning the kitchen after dinner. After putting the last plate up a sigh escapes the wife's mouth.

"All done. Now, Alice, it's time for bed."

The five-year-old girl pouts, "Mommy I'm not sleepy yet."

The mother hoists her up, "I know baby but you have too. Tomorrow we'll go to the park and have some fun, okay?"

"Okay, mommy." The baby nodded.

---

Descending down the stairs, the father chuckles at his young wife. "I told you, she's a little monster."

The wife lays on the couch, "Correction. Our little monster."

Walking over to the couch the husband leans over, "I know that. Come on, let's head upstairs and go to sleep." He leans in and kisses his wife.

They married couple pulls apart as the wife hears a noise, sounded like a door was closing. She questions, "Did you hear that?"

The husband looks back and shrugs it off, "It was probably Alice in the fridge again."

The wife shakes her head, "No. She's upstairs asleep, it sounded like the back door was open."

Entering the kitchen the wife was on high alert as she looked around and checked the back door. Nothing seems to be out of place. She returns to the living room to find her husband on the floor unconscious.

"Toni?" The wife questioned.

Before the woman could raise her voice even higher, a black-gloved hand covers the woman's mouth and muffles the scream.