Chapter 21: Fan of boobs, booty and babes

Laura P. O. V:

That's exhausting. I think I'd be dead in my thirties.

I breathed in deeply, feeling light headed as I lied on the dance floor. After finishing my job at the renowned cafe, I literally ran at a speed of 40 km/ hr to reach here before Christian does, or else I would be a victim of his constant bickering on punctuality.

But, in the chaos of acting like a perfect girl, juggling my part time work with school and dance and managing to stay alive along the way, I found pure ecstacy whenever I think of David, giving me the most craved attention.

Nowadays, David is watchful around me, getting close to Christian. His male ego was competing with Christian who was equally good at provoking his possession.

David urged for the role of Mr. Darcy and got it, finally. We used to rehearse romance daily afternoon, where he was unusually loud, more outgoing, more smitten and less moody. He even bought me chocolate glazed donuts as I secretly whispered about constant hunger.

The long stares, the awkward silence and his undying efforts to get my attention were all telltale sign of his newborn puppy love.

My racing heart, coy feelings, my never ending love for his sweet touch were so excruciatingly painful, as I played with him, indifferently.

Smile plastered over my face, which I tried to conceal but the feverish frenzy of my obsession won't stop. I closed my eyes, slowly relaxing into the cupidity. The delightful fantasies of David which I once dreamed of, crossed my mind.

Oh-so handsome David is smiling in his crisp black suit, my hands in his, wedding bells jingling on the cool riverine air, near the silent beach, amidst the white lilies and frilly laces and the sweet melody of Wedding March from the nearby piano. When you hear this music, you know it's about to get real.

"I, David Fernandez, take Laura Develigine as my beloved wi-"

A splash of cold water surprised me, as I got up, gasping for my precious breath. Christian was standing with half filled bottle, a villainous smile on his bright face.

"What the fuck?", I shouted at him.

There he is, the exterminator of Valentine.

"Looks like you were dreaming about your beloved lover.", He said with a tint of Savage.

"Thank you for ruining the moment.", Irritated, I rolled my eyes, as I got back to lying down on the slightly wet floor, drops flowing down my sensitive back. I definitely have no energy to argue with his ideas of bland wedding love or about the love  letters he stole.

"What are we doing today?", He lied down near me, as we both looked up at the streaks of cinnamon light of early twilight, breaking into the room.

Peaceful silence dominated the room.

"Nothing.", I replied slowly.

"Nothing?", He questioned me, as I had put on end to his enthusiasm.

I just closed my eyes, ignoring him. My back was twinging without break as I stood straight for three hours in the reception with my finicky boss, bickering nonstop. I'm in no mood for having conversations.

"What happened to you? You look exhausted.", He found out the reasons for my apathetic mood.

"No, I'm fine. You had learnt almost everything. So you are free to go.", I said, letting out a huge sigh, my lazy bones soaking more into celestial serenity.