Chapter 9: Pervert?

Christian P. O. V:

The tables are arranged in the centre of the club. The red lights flickered around the people standing in red and black suit, so intriguing enough to catch attention. They wore a lacy black mask, covering almost all the features of the face. A slim girl, stood in the middle wore a dirty white short dress and a white mask.

"To people who protest, we present the mob."

"DANCER FREELANCE",A robotic voice echoed around the club, amassing thousands of cry and flashy phones trying to grab the history.

Dance: Restaurant dance from Step up 4 the revolution.

***

Goosebumps sparked in every nook of my body, my heart racing to the seventh heaven. I stood there in pure amazement. Everyone was on high spirits, the roar of bliss said it all. My edgy mind hit the ultimate euphoria, unable to stop the overflowing emotions and adrenaline pumping into my veins.

How could someone dance like awesome?

When will I ever dance?

Millions of questions hit me like thunder, demanding answer. Slowly anger creeped like a death poison.

Only if she hadn't rejected me?

Laura always get her revenge. She is a hopelessly evil pixie.

But we both are the rejected duo. So there is nothing much to do. So we are even.

"Gabbie, this is what I'm talking about! The spirit, the aura. Good lord, aren't they amazing?"

I turned and saw that the couch was empty.

Shit! How could I trust a drunk man?

I'm stupider than bartender Emily.

"Gabbie", I shouted across the whole club and double-checked every stupid places one would go if they are drunk.

Roof - check
Dance hall - check.
DJ mic - check
Or sleeping in a closet or under the sofa.

Or

I turned around to see

Ladies restroom.

He might have gone!

But a shiver of embarrassment thrill through me as I entered in. A click of door invites me, empty blank room.

"Gabbie?", I whispered as I looked high and low. I saw the reflection of sober shirtless me, pitifully looking back.

What a freaking bad luck!

Suddenly a flush sound startled me.

"Gabbie", I knocked the door waiting for the reply.

"Who is that?", A shrill female voice was heard in turn.

Shit. What am I supposed to do?

"Hello?", She waited for the response.

I closed my eyes and did the most embarrassing thing in my whole life.

"Sorry, darling. I'm here to clean. Done with the busyness?", I mimicked the most shrilling female tone, the best voice I could put up.

"Yah. Will be there", she said as she opened the door.

Well, wrong dialogue!

I jumped into the next stall restroom hurriedly and closed the door in a sound slam. The wall were scribbled with obnoxious words and phone numbers.

I slightly opened the door of the restroom. Through the slit, I saw a silhouette of the woman, correcting her lipstick and sprayed perfume.

God. That's why they stay fresh always. Why didn't I never know this?

After exact fifteen minutes, she left after the perfect make up as I sat on the toilet seat, thinking about a great escape strategy. My heart was racing up and down the hill of embarrassment.

Act fast. No big deal. Run through the door. And get free.

I calmed myself ,got up to open the door as the another slam of the main doors was heard loudly with a sound of locking latch.

Oh no! We are trapped.

Through the slit, I saw the silhouette of a young lady. She was wearing the same costume which I saw few minutes ago.

Damn! She is such a talent.

But all I could see was her reflection on the mirror. Her face was still masked, her eyes smiling warily about all the hard work she put up to impress a crowd.

But something was wrong. She was shaky and her breathing was fast. She almost choked herself. But her hands jittered as she popped out a little tablet and swallowed it.

Slowly the jitters were on ease and she collapsed on the floor, sliding down the wall. She covered her face for a while.

"All I did was wrong? What did I do? I did my best and it's not worth it? Why are you being like this, David? I am really trying here. Can't you understand?", Tears rolled down her flushed cheeks as she consoled herself.

Her phone rang, saying her cue to get normal.

She got up, hurriedly looked around and started to undress herself.

Shit. No. Get a grip and give her the privacy.

I got back into the stall and felt sorry for her. Who had said she wasn't the best. The dance she did was one of the most emotional dance, everyone could connect with. She had moved a millions of hearts.

I looked back. She hurriedly went over the sink to wash her face.

She took a long glare into her big green eyes, those emeralds shining brightly at the dim light.

Anyone could get lost in that.

She slowly removed her mask.

And how badly I wished I wasn't here.

Anger raged back like a storm, every muscle twitching to slap her for making me trust her.

And how badly I wished Shirley was wrong, as I saw the reflection of Laura.

Revenge hurts best when served fresh.

(Playlist- Bad blood by Taylor Swift)