Chapter 11: Feelings! No, thank you.

Laura P. O. V:

"Laura, calm down.", Charlie hugged me as my hands shuddered from the rage after punching Christian in his face.

"I don't know what kind of fight you are in but I'm going to kill him.", Cass cursed out.

It was lunch time already, but my anger is firing up. My body was quavering over the ornery situation, the cadency of my chaotic heart not able to slow down, interrupting my breath.

Cass brought lunch, my favourite part but now I'm about to throw up. The mockery to my trust was so much excruciatingly painful.

It's like you give something so precious to them, like a baby. But they never cared for it, broke them.

And the worst part is they are never even sorry.

My stupid heart.

Anger slowly changed to regret, which is worse. I regretted why I even broke the wall I built for. I knew that this would happen, but still I trusted not to.

Tears filled my eyes, my throat spasmed hard as I controlled to swallow all the pain.

"Hey, I'm so sorry.", Ethan sat near me, came to hold my hand but I reverted. Right now, I wanted to kill them, furiously yet slowly.

"I'm really truly sorry. I did not know what was happening", he said with a soft tone.

I sat silently, my attitude seeping through slowly. My body was so hot and flushed, rage taking off in all directions.

Christian and his crew sat down, all psyched out and sad. Everyone had a dreary face, except Christian and me. Fresh tender bruise spread on his left cheek, on which he placed ice pack. After all he got, still He smiled mockingly.

I stood up furiously, packing my bags.

"Laura. Please sit down. At least eat your lunch.", Cass said, grabbing my hand.

"Aren't you over reacting? Stop being a child.", Chris said, as he swiped a crisp French fries into his mouth. His arrogance slapped me in my face.

"Wha-", I scoffed, ridicule laughed back.

"I'm not a child.", I sat down, breathing deeply and slowly. Right now, I wished I could transform into a humongous Hulk, belittling him of how much power I could be. My hands twitched to slap him, for every twist of smile he gave.

"God! Christian. Swipe off that smile or I'll cut your throat.", My hand eagerly waiting to slap him.

"What are you angry about, honeybee? Your sweet crush broke my plan.", He slouched back, narcissism filled his speech.

David was the one who stopped him, from displaying the photo of me in the costume. His indirect talk between them arouse attention around people but no one knew what they were talking. He persuaded Chris slowly, but then here I come.

At the wrong timing.

One Swift punch. His left cheek blacked into a tender bruise. Crowd gathered around us, awe and surprise filled as I hit him. David held me back, from making matters worse.

Shirley bought the principal and both of us received detention and Christian was sent to school nurse. But, David took most of the blame.

For me, detention was a normal routine. But for an A class topper, that was like blood on my hands.

"The problem is between us. But why take it on David? He doesn't deserve it.", I raised my voice to let him know I'm serious but, he didn't even flinch or wipe off that shady smile.