Chapter 12: Love me, Hate me!

Laura P. O. V:

Shit is the first word that comes out of my mouth every single morning.

I got up late.
My body smells like a tartaric grape.
I haven't eaten.
The sun is so sunny and sweaty.
I barely got before the school gate closes.

And I just want to go back to bed right now.

As I walked past the corridor, Felix and Gabbie lounged near their lockers, as their fingers crawled over their phone . Mostly they will be seen along with Cass and Charlie, everyone happy with bright morning vibes laughing at each other.

Today, it's oddly gloomy. Like everyone is black and white.

They saw me, their bodies tensed but I walked past them as I was already late.

It was my fault. I involved my friends into my fight. I was determined that I should fix it.

***
Throughout my mundane schedule, I thought about how to solve this barrier of silent treatment.

Cass and Charlie were different these days after everyone was acquainted. Once where we talk about academics and sports, when it was strictly social. But now it's all personal stuff, like the favorite food, random review about movies, weird fetishes and anything deeper. And the best part of friendship is that they cared more for me that they left the boys who they liked.

I sat on the white chair on the furthest corner with Math homework. The unjustifiably bright sun was shining at my book, from the window nearby. I hid my legs under the oddly dark table.

A soft tap on my back got my attention as I turned to see Gabbie and Felix, slipping into the chair in front of me.

"Laura. We are really sorry for the fight. Chris shouldn't have done that.", Gabbie said.

"Oh God, it is fine. We got it figured out. Not a deal."

"Thank God! I thought we would never talk to you all again. Babe! You are so freakishly angry that I got scared.", Felix said.

"Yah. I know and I'm sorry. I was really angry."

"So I guess it's alright then?", Felix asked.

"Fair deal."

"Wait! If you figured your problem out, why is Cass so angry on me? I mean, I went to talk to her, she looked like she would gorge my intestines out.", Gabbie bewildered in his words.

"I haven't told them yet.", I laughed out.

"But I'm sure they miss you too.", I said, relief washing my tone.

"Well, better miss us than kill us. God! That look still gives me creeps.", Gabbie said, rubbing his shoulders warm.

I saw Charlie and Cass, busy talking to each other as they entered.

"Get down, quick.", I urged Gabbie and Felix to go under the table. They fought and struggled, their bodies bent out of shape and crumpled into the small space between me and the wall.

"Hey guys.", I waved at Charlie as they ushered towards me and took seats opposite to me.

Act cool. Act cool.

"Laura, what are you doing? Still upset?", Charlie said as her warm hands caught mine.

"Don't worry. We all got it secured.", Cass said, a mischief let out in her laugh.

"What?", I asked confused.

"We are going to show the boys what the real revenge means.", Charlie joined her, as I got hot and flushed. I heard moans and giggles from under the tables, as I stomped to alert them.