How sweet it is

Lucille

After that day at the Gray's house, I pursued becoming a beautician. I put in my two-week notice and signed up for beauty school. My parents thought I was insane. Why not enjoy your job?

Plus, Grayson's leaving to work at the new factory. I wanted more in my life. Plus, I couldn't harass him at work if he wasn't there.

As for Grayson and me, we got closer, as did our tongues.

We lay on his couch as we made out. We didn't go further because I wasn't that kind of girl. Yeah, right. Have you met Grayson? He's groovy as hell.

"Luci, we should stop."

Grayson pulled away from me.

"Why?"

"Yeah, good point."

His lips met mine.

*****

Gray and I spent much time together. As we did, I fell deeper for him.

We would go to the show, dinner, dance, and spend time together. Even my parents grew accustomed to him being around me.

I also started beauty school. It was so much fun learning how to cut and style hair. The teacher said I was a natural. Yep, I am.

Then someone wanted a haircut. I got my stuff ready as the person took a seat in my chair. I turned and jumped.

"Jesus! Gray!"

"Hey, baby. I heard you needed to practice."

I rolled my eyes at him. I set my stuff down and started cutting his hair. I focused, snipping his hair, making sure the cut was even. The teacher came over to check my work and flirted with Gray. Being a twit, he reciprocated.

"So, are you seeing anyone?" She asked.

"I got my eye on someone."

I pursed my lips.

"Sounds inviting," she flirted.

"Oh, it is."

I set my scissors down, picked up my clippers, and then cleaned his neck, not before nicking him.

"Ow! Luci!"

He grabbed his neck and glanced at me.

"Oops."

He turned around as the teacher studied me.

"Oops, I'm so clumsy."

She gave me a disapproving look, returning to her chat with Gray as they continued flirting. I decided I had enough and zipped off a patch of hair. Well, patches.

Yeah, I hacked up his hair. Miss hot to trot won't flirt now.

"Luci! What the hell did you do?"

He stood up and turned to me. He placed his hands on his hips as I held the clippers.

"Guess I got careless. You're all set. Now excuse me. I have to clean my station."

I set the clippers down and walked to the back. The minute I closed the door, I leaned my back against it. Don't cry, Lucille. Don't cry.

I got my composure and grabbed a broom and dustpan. I walked out to find Gray gone. Good. I didn't need a lecture.

After I finished cleaning, I got to endure a lecture from the teacher about professionalism.

"It's funny. You lecture me but flirt with anyone with two legs and a dick."

"Miss Adams, I don't tolerate that language. Get out. You fail."

She pointed at the exit.

"With pleasure."

I flipped her off, then removed my smock and threw it at her. I grabbed my stuff and left.

Great. Now I deal with Gray being a twit while failing beauty school. I saved money to attend and spent every dime I had saved. It's back to the workforce so that I can save more money.

I refused to return to the store, not wanting to see Gray. I'm sure I would laugh at him when I did.

I checked places and applied for jobs. My parents would kill me if they found out I failed beauty school and had no other options. I checked different locations, and each said they had no openings. Ugh.

I went to a coffee shop, taking a seat. I dug money out of my purse for a coffee since the weather was freezing.

As I figured out what I would do, someone sat across me. I looked at the person and busted out laughing.

"Cute."

"Sorry."

I snickered.

"Can we talk about your jealousy?"

"Can we talk about you acting like a twit?"

"Luci."

"Gray."

He gave me a severe look.

"I'm not sorry about hacking your hair. You shouldn't have been flirting with the teacher."

"I wasn't flirting."

"You're such a liar. I'm not stupid or blind."

"Will you get jealous when I talk to a woman?"

Oh? Okay, fine. Two can play at that game.

A server came over, and I flirted with him. I watched as Gray glared at him.

"Excuse me. Would you mind not flirting with my girl?" He asked the guy.

"What? We were talking. Will you get mad when a guy talks to me?"

He stared at me. Bingo. The server walked away as I looked at him, and he looked at me.

He got up, moving over next to me.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't do it again. If you want me, you only want me. If not, then cut me loose. I don't deserve your disrespect. I don't have the experience, but I deserve better than what you're offering."

"Yeah, you do. That's why I'll curtail my behavior with you. I love you, Luci."

"I love you too, Gray."

He leaned in, brushed his lips against mine, and then deepened the kiss. Gray would learn.