Chapter 16

* Beginning of Part 2

       Almost immediately, I get a knock on the door. I open it and am bombarded by a huge hug.

      "It feels so good to see you again, Phoenix!" She exclaims.

      "Same here, Miss Avery." I smile.

      "Please,' she chuckles,' call me Cecily. Now that you're here, I think it's time you learn the very first rule of Los Angeles. Never open the door without asking who it is. LA is home to millions of famous people. Someone could be coming to rob you, kill you, who knows. This is a very twisted city. I just want you to be careful and always make sure you know who's at your front door, okay?"

"Yeah, sorry." I apologize.

"No need for a sorry. I just want you to stay safe." She says.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"To let you know how it's going to work. You're allowed to enjoy tonight, Phoenix. But tomorrow, business begins. Online school starts at eight and then ends at ten thirty for you. Or at least, that's what your parents decided. Then, you will go downstairs at eleven thirty to be driven to the office. You will meet with the execs and possibly see some other models. You'll do whatever the execs tell you to do afterward. You'll meet there once a week." Explains Cecily.

      "Got it." I smile.

      Later that night, I walk around LA. It's truly a beautiful city. It's lit by the lights from the large buildings and street lamps and cars. Speaking of cars, there are so many amazing ones that I thought I never would've been able to see in real life. Amazing performers wow me on the street. I think I love it here.

      On the way back to the hotel however, it's peaceful, quite. It's so quite that you can actually hear a pin drop.

     "Yo, you got my money?" I hear all of a sudden.

      In a dark alley, I see silhouettes of two people. One tall, muscular, sketchy man who I wouldn't want to mess with. Then, I see a smaller, scrawnier man below him. I don't hear what the smaller man says but he's shaky. He's nervous. I don't blame him. I would be too if I were anywhere near this guy. The big guy picks the smaller guy up and throws him near the wall. My eyes widen and I gasp and I quickly run away. My heart rate kicks up, I feel like I could die.

     "Hey!" Shouts a loud voice.

     I look back. Just when I thought it was no longer possible, my hear rate speeds up. It's the guy from the alley. He smirks when he sees me.

     "Well, aren't you a thick princess?" He chuckles.

     "Sir, I-I know exactly what you need beautiful. You need my big, fat, black cock shoved up that juicy ass of yours." He says.

     "Sir, no, I-" he grabs me by my shirt collar and drags me away. I try to scream for help but he stops me.

     "Scream louder, the harder I'll hit you." He threatens.

     He brings me into the alley. The little guy and I make eye contact and he runs away. The big guy towers against me.

     "Hey!" Someone shouts.

      He has this silky, thick brown hair, electric blue eyes, pale skin, a muscular, tall body, perfect skin, and he's dressed in a suit. He's not old either. He has to be around my age. I swear I've seen him before. Maybe he's a YouTube star or something?

     "Do you know who I am?" He asks.

     "You think you scare me, lil white boy?" Asks the big black guy.

      He throws up a fist, preparing to punch the new guy. The new guy stops it.

      "Think you're tough?" Laughs the big guy.

      "No, but I know you think you are. Look, me being here could get us both into some trouble. So, sir, I'm going to ask you kindly. Leave this poor girl alone now. I don't want to hurt you, that'll ruin my reputation. Plus, I doubt you'd want to spend the rest of your days behind bars, would you?" He asks.

     The big guy steps up to the slightly smaller one. He spits in his face.

     "I already done that." He says, before walking off.

     I'm so nervous. My heart is literally racing. I see a big hand extended down toward me and a comforting smile.

      "Thank you." I thank him.

     "No problem." He responds.

      I study the guys features more closely. He looks so familiar but I can't pinpoint from where.

     "What? You want a selfie or something?" He asks.

     "No, no, do I know you from somewhere?" I ask.

      He looks at me more closely too. I think he's trying to remember.

     "Where do I know you from?" He asks.

      He's actually thinking long and hard about it.

     "I-Anthony!" Shouts a small man. He reminds me of Danny DeVito. He's really short and old.

      "What are you wasting time for? Come on, we have a meeting!" He exclaims.

     Anthony gives an awkward smile in my direction before heading off. I look in his direction. Anthony...he looks exactly like-"Ma'am, what was that all about?" Asks the guy.

     "I was about to get raped, sir. Anthony was only trying to help." I explain.

     "Who do you think you're fooling? I've been in the business for a long time and I've seen it all. You're lucky Ant's a nice guy or he would've never stopped for you. Besides, he's not into girls that look like you." He says.

     He then walks off. What an asshole. What a great way to start LA.