Chapter 8

"What the...?" I can't help but react on Monday morning.

Elle's car is outside like it usually is. I knock on the passenger side window.

"Good morning." Elle says.

"Good morning to you too but why are you here? I thought you were mad at me." I respond.

"That's exactly why I'm here. Can you please get in the car?" She asks.

I get in on the passenger side.

"P, I'm sorry about Saturday. I overreacted about everything." She apologizes.

"It's okay and I'm sorry too. I should've told you that I got scouted. The only reason I didn't tell you was because I was afraid you'd be upset." I explain.

"Yeah, I get it. You're beautiful, don't ever think otherwise. You totally have what it takes to become a model." Elle assures me.

"I don't know about that." I reply.

"Of course you do!" She reassures me.

It gets quite for about five minutes. I realize that Elle's looking at me instead of driving.

"Okay,' I sigh,' what is it?"

"Did you get into the fashion show?" Asks Elle.

"Well, E-c'mon, spit it out! Did you or did you not?" Asks Elle.

I'm actually about to lie to my best friend right now. We just established not to do that anymore. Besides, she seems really happy for me.

"Yes." I admit.

"Yay! I knew you'd make it! How about we celebrate like we usually do?" Elle offers.

How Elle and I usually celebrate is pretty basic. Our town has a small cafe that's pretty cool. You could go there to take the most goals photos for your Instagram feed. They have great frappuchino flavors and phenomenal baked goods. It's honestly Starbucks but a lot cheaper.

"I'd love to Elle but I can't." I decline.

"What? Why not?" Elle asks.

"I'm trying to stay in the best possible shape for this fashion show." I explain.

"But you have a perfect body, P. You wouldn't have made it without your body. I don't think they want you to change one bit." Elle says.

"Yeah, but it's what everyone else says about me being a model. I'm not pretty enough." I say.

"Don't talk like that! You're beautiful!" Elle says.

"Yeah, to you. But everyone at that fashion show is going to laugh when they see me." I explain.

Elle's about to try to fix my negative connotations about myself and then she sees no point.

"Okay,' she gives in,' maybe next time then."

       "Did you make the show?" Beams Grace at school.

       "Do you think you can quite down a little?" I ask.

       "Right, sorry, I forgot. So,' grace apologizes,' did you make the show?"

       I nod my head.

       "Yay! We can be model buddies!" She gasps.

       Grace throws her arms around me and pulls me into a hug.