Chapter 12

At practice on Thursday, we still practice walking. Amber doesn't do anything this time. She literally just glares at me and whispers about me with the other models. But at the end of practice, we have a word together.

      "Who do you think you are?" She asks.

      "Phoenix Arthur. Who do you think you are starting shit with me right now?" I ask.

      "First, you try and take this gig away from me and now you and your fat friend try to steal my boyfriend?" Amber growls.

       "Amber, you and I both know that Elle's not fat. She's even thinner than you are so stop acting. Who said we're trying to steal your man? Maybe he's just sick of the way you treat us and your attitude all the time." I respond.

      "Elle Harper? Thinner than me? Make me laugh! That'll be the day. If you seriously think that my Brian gives a rats ass about a girl who looks like Elle, you got another thing coming, fat ass." Amber says.

      "What's going on?" Mrs. Bank asks.

       Amber steps closer to Grace and I and slings an arm around us.

     "Just having a friendly conversation with my fellow models, Mrs. Bank." Amber lies.

      Mrs. Bank isn't buying it.

      "Amber, leave." Mrs. Bank demands.

      "What did I do?" Amber asks.

      "I think we all know the answer to that." Mrs. Bank responds.

      Before Amber leaves, she gives me this glare that says don't even think about it. I walk up to her for one final thing.

"P.s,' I whisper,' we all know that Elle is prettier than you'll ever be."

Amber gasps and Grace and I make our way to Mrs. Bank.

"Alright,' Mrs. Bank sighs,' don't be afraid to tell the truth ladies. Was Amber being rude again?"

Grace and I look at each other. Grace wants to go inside and talk with Mrs. Bank. Me? I'm nervous. As much as I don't like Amber, I'm still scared of her. I don't want to see what she'll do if I even think about telling Mrs. Bank.

"Can I talk with Phoenix, Mrs. Bank?" Asks Grace.

Mrs. Bank sighs. "Fine."

"Hey, I know you're nervous but you shouldn't be. This is what Amber's deserved since elementary school. Think about everything she's done to you, to Elle, to everyone for that matter." Grace says.

      "Yeah, but you don't understand. Amber hates me. If I tell, I don't want to see what she's going to do to me." I respond.

     "Don't be nervous. We can just say it anonymously. It's not like Mrs. Bank would say that it's us directly." Grace says.

     "I have a bad feeling about this." I wince.

     "Just trust me, it'll all be okay." Grace smiles.

     She holds my hand the whole time in Mrs. Bank's office. Wow, I can't believe we're actually doing this.