2.12 | Devil of A Confrontation

[ Chapter Thirty-Three ]

     WHILE KLAUS SPENT some time trying to make an ally of his step-father, Raylynn and Davina ready the spell that they would need to take down Dahlia. The huntress knew that she was not the most experienced with magic, at least not yet, but she would do everything she could to get rid of the woman that wanted to endanger her niece.

     Raylynn poured the last remaining bit of salt on the ground in the center of a vacant alleyway when Klaus returned. He informed her and Davina that Dahlia spelled some witch in the restaurant he and Mikael talked in. The witch blew out the building's windows as a warning. They were getting too close.

     Raylynn stood up after she finished, while Davina remained kneeling on the ground. The Claire witch sighed. "This is it –one last favor, and if you don't give me his ashes, I swear, I will..."

     "Davina," Klaus interrupted her. "Whatever you may think of me, I am a man of my word."

     Raylynn nodded in agreement with his words. Klaus may have been many things, but he always did keep his word. She snapped toward the end of the alley when Mikael appeared. Davina looked at him confused and a bit warily as she stood to her feet, while Raylynn glared at the man and watched his every move. She did not forget the time he kidnapped her and almost drained her body dry of blood.

      "Actually, he's a liar, a beast, and a degenerate, but in this exceptional instance, he may be of some use," Mikael voiced and sent a look toward the hybrid.

       Klaus sighed heavily. "Oh good, you're back."

     "Dahlia's minion remains within St. Anne's Church," Mikael said as he moved over to stand next to his step-son.

     "Clearly it's a trap," Raylynn stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

     "Of course it's a trap!" Mikael exclaimed and looked at the huntress in exasperation. "And how good is it that we bring surprises of our own?" he quipped.

     Klaus smirked toward the older man, while he turned the gesture. Raylynn stared between them, entirely confused by the sudden change in their demeanor with each other. It was too weird.

     "Wait, so you two are friends now?" Davina questioned, also perplexed by their interaction.

     Klaus rolled his eyes. "Absolutely not! We merely aligned out of necessity for the purpose we both enjoy the most –glorious murder. In fact, you and Ray will be helping."

     Raylynn gave him a look. "You could ask politely, you know?"

     Klaus shrugged, while Davina stared incredulously at him. "You said you needed a binding spell," she said.