1.20 | A Little Miracle

[ Chapter Twenty ]

[ Chapter Twenty ]

     RAYLYNN HAD BEEN rudely awaken the next morning with the information that Jackson and Oliver had gone missing. The two Crescent wolves were supposed to head out of town to secure the stone to be used in moonlight rings. But they never returned.

     Hayley had gone into complete freak out mode, worrying over her lost pack-mates, pacing the upstairs study, while Elijah proceeded to call Klaus to tell him of the new development.

     Raylynn occupied one of the few chairs in the room with a book held in her hands. Sure, she was concerned about the wolves, but not to the point where she wanted to pull her hair out.

     "Yes, brother, what is it?" Klaus questioned through the call placed on speaker.

     "It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Elijah stated.

     "They should have been back hours ago..." Hayley added from beside the Original.

     Elijah interrupted her before she could say anymore. "We need to find them."

     "Well, that might be tricky. You see, we've located their car on a backroad in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been Shanghai'd." Klaus stated.

     Elijah raised a brow at his brother's words. "And you didn't feel the need to share this information?"

     "It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution." Klaus exclaimed.

     Raylynn had been surprised by his statement. At least he was being somewhat rational.

     "Do enlighten us." Elijah retorted.

     "I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose." Klaus stated through the call.

     Elijah sighed heavily. "Marcel."

     Hayley's eyes widened at their suggestion. "No, he'll kill them."

     Raylynn shut her book at their sudden revelation. Marcel would be bold enough and stupid enough to take the wolves hostage. She pushed herself up from her relaxed position across the chair arms to sit right in the piece of furniture.

     "Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit."