1.4 | Trying to Not Puke on the Mikaelsons' Rug

[ Chapter Four ]

[ Chapter Four ]

     RAYLYNN WAS BORED. Extremely bored. Being forced to stay within the boundaries of the mansion twenty-four seven began to slowly drive the woman insane. She did not see how the Mikaelsons expected the two young women to remain inside without any human interaction whatsoever. Granted the huntress did not like to be around people in the first place, but she now craved any sort of interaction she could get her hands on. Not to mention if she heard one more conversation about taking over New Orleans, Raylynn was bound to blow a gasket.

     The brunette proceeded to lay across one of the two couches that were positioned inside the lower level sitting room. With her phone in hand, the woman lounged against a throw pillow and allowed her sock covered feet to rest in her best friend's lap. Hayley held a book against the arm of the couch skimming the pages, while she conversed with an elder witch by the name of Agnes.

     The witches always seemed to enter the mansion unannounced, which certainly agitated Raylynn. She did not believe the witches when they claimed they only wanted to help. The French Quarter coven was not wildly known for their honesty.

     "I told you Agnes, I feel great." Hayley exclaimed looking up from the worn pages.

     The woman had been pacing the length of the room nearby with a look of frustrated across her features. Raylynn resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She did not see the issue. Her best friend was carrying a magical miracle baby conceived by a hybrid and a werewolf. A regular doctor's visit was not exactly needed.

     "You are overdue for checkup." Agnes stated halting her movements.

     Hayley sighed, closing her book. "What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound?" She scrunched her nose in a sarcastic manner. "A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch and a hunter? Nothing to see here."

     Raylynn continued to stare at the lit scree of her phone, as she spoke. "Yeah, I mean, everyone around here seems to hate werewolves and hunters. We aren't exactly welcome." The huntress stopped for a moment scrunching her nose, before she sneezed loudly. She rubbed her nose and continued. "And I think I need to go to the doctor as well. Unless y'all want a dead hunter and a murderous werewolf on your hands." She then releases a faux gasp. "Oh wait, we'd both be dead."

     Hayley glanced toward her best friend and sent her a playful glare. She took a tissue from the coffee table next to her and handed it to the sick woman.

     Raylynn had not been feeling well ever since the night Hayley found out the sex of her child. She coughed throughout the night, sneezed constantly, and recently began to run a fever. Unfortunately, the young huntress could not simply leave the Mikaelson mansion for a doctor's visit. Well, unless she wanted to die before she even stepped foot inside the Quarter.