1.2 | Encountering Vampires

[ Chapter Two ]

[ Chapter Two ]

     LIVING IN THE Mikaelson Mansion was not as bad as Raylynn originally thought. The 19th century structure was enormous. There were so many rooms that the young huntress had a hard time not getting lost throughout the lengthy corridors. Due to the many years the home was left untouched, dust clung to every nook and cranny while stale air hung above the floorboards.

     Raylynn had been surprised that she did not end up eating a dust bunny in her sleep.

     The only good thing that came with living amongst the legendary family was the solitude. Klaus had made it a habit of leaving both, Hayley and Raylynn, alone to do as they pleased. The huntress was thankful. She did not want to make a scene when the immortal hybrid lost his temper. The woman may have allowed her career of actively killing rogue vampires and witches to come to a halt, but she could always revert back to her old ways.

     The lifestyle began when Raylynn was barely eleven years old. Her parents had been training her in the family business for years, before their lives suddenly ended. On one humid summer night in the southern half of the United States, her parents were slaughtered by a vengeful vampire and a rogue witch. The young girl hide herself away in a small hall closet, as her parents' screamed and cursed their killers' names across their farmhouse. A crack in the door allowed Raylynn to watch as blood and shrapnel from the witch's spells littered the floor and walls of the small family home. She remained inside her chosen hiding spot, until the two murderers vacated the premise. Once they were gone, the young girl ran toward her parents' mutilated bodies. She screamed and begged and cried for them to wake up, but they never did.

     Soon after the incident, Raylynn fled the home with no destination in mind. She had no other family. No where else to go. She was all alone.

     The girl ultimately made her way to the nearest town where she met another girl running from a horrific event that seemingly ruined her life. Hayley and Raylynn stayed together after that. While the young werewolf learned to control her supernatural instincts, the other girl finished her training to become the best huntress she could possibly be. This lead Raylynn on a journey to search for her parents' killers. And eventually, she did.

     The young woman went on to kill every rogue vampire or evil witch across the country. Often times, Raylynn and Hayley separated to accomplish their own goals. That choice led to the predicament they found themselves in with the French Quarter witches.

     So, the huntress laid across her best friend's bed in the comfort of her upstairs bedroom. Raylynn groaned loudly, as she proceeded to complain about the immense humid air inside the large home. "I mean, how are you not sweating like crazy?" She exclaimed fanning herself with her hand. "I think one night I'm gonna drown in my own sweat. And don't even get me started on the empty fridge. We are human. Well, I am at least, and we eat food not drink blood."