Chapter 16 - Reconciliation

Sideswipe grimaced, holding his injured arm as he tried to keep his eyes on his adversary

Sideswipe grimaced, holding his injured arm as he tried to keep his eyes on his adversary. In the dark and the heavy rain, all he could really see was a vague shape with glowing yellow optics coming towards him, and he knew that Steeljaw was armed with a dangerous weapon that could strike him at any moment.

He released his arm to grab his Decepticon Hunter, holding it out in front of him. "I'm not afraid of you, Steeljaw...!" He hissed.

"That's just what a scared bot would say..." Steeljaw murmured. "You came out here, alone and unprepared...While I was certain one of you would slip up sooner or later, I didn't think it would be this badly!"

Sideswipe ducked and attempted to run, but his injured leg gave out from under him and he fell onto the asphalt once more.

"Pathetic, really..."

The pulses of warmth were suddenly coming harder, but he wasn't sure if it was because of his pounding spark. Steeljaw was right, he was scared, and this predicament was his fault...

But several beams of hope appeared as more headlights came out of the haze, one of which moved exceedingly faster towards Steeljaw before transforming and kicking the decepticon back. "Claws off!" They announced.

"S-Sunny...?" Sideswipe mumbled as arms grabbed him and dragged him across the asphalt. The pounding of the rain faded as he was pulled up under something, though some still dripped on his chassis.

"Stay here." Sunstreaker ordered, and then he disappeared into the downpour again.

Any other voices were drowning in a rushing roar like being trapped in an air turbine, wind blowing past his audio sensors. He wasn't sure if the darkness was from the night or if his optical sensors had gone offline, but he could feel his brother's emotions pulsing stronger...Rage and pain. A numbness crept into his arms, making them feel cold and preventing him from moving them, but dulling the pain in the dented one.

There came a loud crack, and the pain increased in their bond. Had his brother been hurt?

"You idiot!" Steeljaw's voice roared, "I only had one of those!"

"Sunstreaker!"

Bumblebee's concerned cry and the pain pulsing through his spark only made Sideswipe worry more, but he could feel himself slipping away, and try as he might, his exhaustion and pain forced himself to fall into the darkness...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

...You're such an idiot, Sideswipe...

Sideswipe's eyes opened wide and he sat up, finding himself in a dark, silent space. He knew the voice that had spoken, and he'd hoped to not have heard it so soon after the last time. He'd been here once, after Soundwave had buried him in rubble a few months prior. It was a limbo, where you were either led on to the Allspark, or returned to your body. He looked at his glowing frame and then looked around him. "...Okay, where are you?" He muttered.