Chapter 11 - Something You Need to Know...

Bumblebee hadn't told the rest of the team the news immediately, as it was late by then and he needed to rest and recover further from the hit-and-run he'd suffered from

Bumblebee hadn't told the rest of the team the news immediately, as it was late by then and he needed to rest and recover further from the hit-and-run he'd suffered from. Sideswipe was disappointed that he'd have to wait even longer for the news, but the rest understood Bumblebee's exhaustion.

However, they were right there when he came out of stasis sleep the next morning, awaiting the news, whether it was good or bad. "Nice to see you all too..." He muttered.

"Can you really blame us, Sir?" Strongarm asked.

Bumblebee chuckled. "No..."

"So what was it that Ratchet wanted to talk to you about?" Russell asked.

Bumblebee smiled a little. "...We've been given the okay to reveal ourselves to the humans, whenever we feel it is right."

"SWEET!" Sideswipe shouted. "When do we start!?"

"Not just yet, Sideswipe. We need to do this in a slow and cautious manner, we don't want to scare them into launching an assault on us."

"A wise decision, Bumblebee." Drift agreed. "From what me and my students have seen, humans can be easily startled into fighting against what they do not understand."

"We'll start with Crown City. Once we have their trust, then we may move on to higher levels in the government. Just like the Rescue Bots on Griffin Rock, we have to make sure that we don't intimidate them when we make our appearance."

"I can't wait to be able to just go into town and be myself."

"But with our secret exposed, keeping a low profile in town will become much more difficult." Drift reminded.

Grimlock grinned. "But I'll be able to help on missions much better now! No more hiding under a tarp, or pretending to be a crane..."

"Also...There's something you all should know."

All comments on the idea of exposure stopped as Bumblebee's voice echoed across the yard. It was sharp, like he'd had to force the words from his throat.

"Lieutenant...?" Strongarm questioned as their leader looked at the ground. "What's the matter?"

"...I haven't been fully honest with you, and I'm sorry... But I can't keep it a secret anymore. Oversight was right, I have been keeping things from you, but only because I..." He turned away from them. "...I didn't want to be the one to tell you..."

"Whatever it is, Bee, you can tell us." Sideswipe replied as he came up to his leader's shoulder. "We're a team, after all."

"Yeah! It can't be that bad!" Grimlock assured.

Bumblebee shut his eyes. "That day...The day we all came here to hunt down the prisoners...That wasn't the first time I'd met you, Sideswipe...Or you, Grimlock."

The dinobot and red sports car became still, staring at their leader with confusion. "What are you talking about?" Sideswipe asked. "I mean sure, I'd seen you before at the station when I was arrested before that day, but-"