Chapter 12 - She knows...

"Heads up, Rusty!"

"Heads up, Rusty!"

Russell looked up, frantically reaching and barely catching the ball that had been passed to him by Hank. "Whoa! G-Got it!"

"Barely!" Butch shouted. "Get your head in the game, man!"

"Sorry!" Russell apologized.

He knew his head wasn't in the game, it was on the conversation that had been had the previous morning. He had permission to tell Hank, his best friend, about his biggest secret. But how, and when? She might not believe him, and he didn't want it to be super awkward. And by this point, telling anyone else just felt a little bit...wrong.

"Oops! I promised my dad I'd be done by five!" Butch informed. "I gotta go."

"I guess that's the end of practice." Hank sighed as she went to her bike.

"Hey Hank, could I...Could we talk for a minute?"

Hank looked at her watch. "Well...My dad only wants me home by seven, which is in just under two hours, so I guess I have time."

"Cool. Could we go somewhere a little more...private?"

The girl's eyes widened for a moment, and then she leaned closer. "Private, huh...?"

Russell blushed a little, but tried to hide it. "It's just... I have something I want to tell you, but it's a secret, so nobody else can know...Can I trust you?"

Hank smirked, grabbing his hand and taking off into the trees. "Well come on, Mr. Secretive!"

Russell smiled as she led them further in to the trees, but he was still uncertain how to tell her... How to explain that not only were aliens real, but here on Earth and living in their home city. Why hadn't he thought this through? He needed more time!

"I-I think this is far enough!" He expressed. He knew Sideswipe was waiting for him and he didn't want the autobot to waste too much time trying to find them. The Cybertronian Representative was coming this evening, and he didn't want to delay Sideswipe any more than necessary.

"You're not afraid of getting lost, are you...?"

Russell pulled his hand from hers, looking away a little. "Of course not..."

"To tell the truth, Rusty... I like the idea of being alone, you know? Not much privacy on the football field. My dad makes me wear these earrings to make me look more feminine, but...I like myself the way I am."

"Well so do I." Russell blushed a little more. "I mean...It's cool to have a girl that can play football like you can."

"You think so?"

"Yeah! You really surprised me when I first started playing with you guys,I was actually kinda intimidated because...Heck, a girl was better than I was. Not that it matters anymore."