Chapter 14 - Confrontation

By the time Sunstreaker had been given the full tour and been debriefed on their current situation with Steeljaw, it was late and the humans had gone to bed

By the time Sunstreaker had been given the full tour and been debriefed on their current situation with Steeljaw, it was late and the humans had gone to bed. The bots all stood around the Command Center, chatting together a little.

Bumblebee chuckled as he saw Flashdrive and Starstrike zonked out on Grimlock's trailer, the two little bots having worn themselves out and now leaning back against each other. "All that fun takes it out of you..." He murmured.

Sunstreaker smirked. "...We used to sleep like that." He expressed, his smile fading as he looked over to the red spots car practicing his kicks and punches on his own. "...Do you think I should talk to him?"

"If you want to get past whatever it is, then yes... I know he doesn't like to talk about his own problems- Well, unless it's about Strongarm."

"Do they bicker a lot?"

Bumblebee sighed. "Strongarm is a...Very strict rule-follower and enforcer. Sideswipe gets on her nerves, she gets on his...They can work together, it just takes them a lttle bit to put their differences aside."

"I see...I'd better do it now. No point in waiting until tomorrow."

Sunstreaker took in a deep breath, and then wandered across the yard. "...Excuse me, Sideswipe?"

"Yes, Representative?" Sideswipe asked, not even pausing in his battle training.

Sunstreaker rolled his eyes. "Sideswipe, it's me. You can just talk to me."

"No. If I were to just talk to you, then you might put down a bad portion of your report to the Council."

"My mission is to see how you work with your team, not how you work with me...This isn't about you and your team, this is about how you've been ignoring me since I got here, and we need to fix it."

Sideswipe paused, glaring at the visitor. "If you don't know why, then I'm not going to tell you."

"Come on, Sides! We haven't spoken in vorns! I might have forgotten whatever it was!"

The other bots were now all looking at them, but this needed to happen and Sideswipe didn't seem to be in the mood to go somewhere private for it.

Sideswipe walked up to him. "I'm tolerating you as long as you're here, but don't think that I'm going to just forgive you for what you did."

Sunstreaker's eyebrows furrowed as the other bot started to walk off. "What did I do? Sideswipe!" Sunstreaker shouted.

Sideswipe winced and placed a hand on his chestplate again. "Stop that, it hurts."

"I can't help it, Sideswipe! It may have been dampened by distance before, but I can't control it any more than you can. I feel yours too, I always have!"

"Then how could you leave me there!?"

"Leave you..." Sunstreaker's optics widened and he backed away. "Sideswipe...That's what's bothering you...!?"