Chapter 13 - Back at the Scrapyard...

"We're back!"

"Good." Knockout responded as Bumblebee rolled past him. "Now we can- Whoa! Hello!" Knockout announced as Sunstreaker came rolling in and transformed into robot mode. "Government greenie at 10 O'Clock!"

"Ha ha..." Sunstreaker smirked, holding a hand out in greeting. "...Representative Sunstreaker."

"Knockout."

"Ah...The reformed Decepticon medic. What brings you all this way?"

"Call it fate."

"He got in over his head and needed reinforcements." Bumblebee admitted, getting a glare from the medic before changing the subject. "Sunstreaker here was sent by the Council to check in on us."

"I see...Did they decide to reunite you two or did you set this whole thing up yourself?"

"They asked for volunteers and I was the only on to raise a servo... I wanted to get a look at Earth myself, you know? And make sure Sideswipe was staying out of trouble."

"Hmph..."

The pair looked to Sideswipe as the teenager walked off, and Knockout crossed his arms. "What's gotten under his armor?"

Sunstreaker shrugged. "He's been like this since I got here."

"Have you tried to talking to him?" Bumblebee asked.

"Yes. He's ignoring me. I think he's mad at me for something...No idea what, though."

"I see... Bumblebee, I need to tell you about that device Steeljaw's gotten his paws on." Knockout replied.

"What about it?"

"I didn't get a very good look at it, but it's definitely a viral-transmitter."

"Obviously."

"From the size and what I was able to see, it was either a Bi- or Tri-Transmitter, meaning it can only infect someone twice or thrice."

"Is thrice a word?" Sunstreaker inquired.

"Yes."

"Okay, just wondering."

"So we know he used it on you, so he's only got one or two shots left. If that had been the last one, he wouldn't have kept it, I don't think."

"Anyway, if he's only got one shot left, then we could theoretically get it and use it on him to incapacitate him, or at least get him to waste the shots on other machines and render it useless."

"Why would someone invent a device that infects people with a virus?"

"It's a Decepticon-design, which pretty much explains that. Looks like a medical tool, but is a weapon."

"You would know, wouldn't you?"

"Let's not pull the past into the present right now." Bumblebee interrupted. "Our goal needs to be locating Steeljaw and the Viral-Transmitter before he can hurt anyone else with it."

"Agreed...But let's work out a plan for finding him first. We can't let any bots going out alone in case of an ambush."

Sunstreaker and Bumblebee nodded in agreement. "For the time being, let me show you around, Sunstreaker."

"I'd appreciate that, Lieutenant..."

________________________________________________________________________

"You can look, but don't touch."

Hank's eyes were wide as she overlooked the Command Center's console. Russell couldn't stop grinning. Having a friend know about their secret and being excited about it had been a worry, but now it was something to smile about.