Chapter 15 - A Very Bad Idea

A loud crash of thunder shook the air under the overpass, making Sideswipe's chassis rattle a little

A loud crash of thunder shook the air under the overpass, making Sideswipe's chassis rattle a little. His wipers screeched across his windshield as water dripped down on him, and he gave a sigh as he turned off his lights. The storm had rolled in quicker than he had anticipated, the rain crashing down on his roof and freezing his joints and forcing him to take shelter until it let up a little. Everything outside of the overpass' cover was hazy in a gray sheet of rain, little rivers of water running down past Sideswipe's wheels.

"Stupid, pompous representative of a twin...!" He muttered, then gave a sigh. "...Maybe rushing out here all alone wasn't the best idea..."

There was a pulsing warmth in his spark, sending out waves through his body and attempting to warm him. He knew what it was, even though he hadn't felt it in ages... His brother was trying to contact him. With each wave of warmth came a pulse of emotion through his spark. Sadness, twinges of anger, but mostly worry.

Why was he worried? Why did he suddenly care?

But a thud and a silhouette appearing in the midst of the downpour caught his attention. He kept his lights off, slowly pulling back further into the underside of the overpass. He was certain Sunstreaker could feel his discomfort and concern, but didn't make a sound.

It was when the shape suddenly shrunk down and a pair of headlights flashed on that Sideswipe's engine revved, preparing to bolt if necessary. The other transformer's engine revved as well, and then they shot forward, towards Sideswipe.

Sideswipe's wheels squealed in the water soaking them, but they got better traction than the one out in the rain, and he flew past them, into the cover of the rain. His headlights flashed back on, and he struggled to not hydroplane on the soaked streets. The glow of headlights told him he was being pursued, but he wasn't sure if it was his attacker or another human's vehicle. That cybertronian had to be a Decepticon, who else would've flushed him out of his hiding spot? That could only mean this was a trap.

The rain hammered down on him, and he quickly found another place to hide amidst the cars parked in a crowded lot. He struggled to calm his trembling chassis, looking around for any sign that they were searching. "Bee...!" He hissed. "Bee, come in...!"

Sideswipe! Bumblebee's response was fuzzy and crackled with static from the rain's interference. Where are you!? I can barely hear you!

"N-Not sure! But-"

He froze as headlights flashed at the entrance to the yard. "...I think I'm in trouble...!"

Duh.

Sideswipe's processor hummed with his twin's voice. He'd almost forgotten that their processors could communicate silently to each other, and the rain couldn't mess with the signal, so his voice came out loud and clear.

Sunny! I...I don't-

We'll worry about that later. Right now, I need you to focus. What's your situation?