•Chapter Twelve•

****

****

I barely got any sleep last night. All that I could think about was the killer chasing after me with a sharp knife. This morning I've been laying in my bed contemplating if I really wanted to go to school today. I knew I didn't have a choice regardless, my dad was going to force me to go.

I get dressed quickly and styled my hair into a messy bun. I am too exhausted to try today. The first pair of sweatpants and tee shirt that I saw in my closet was what I decided to wear.
Downstairs in the living room the television is blasting the news channel. As I enter the kitchen area I find my father and a police officer chatting together over a cup of coffee.
I still called the cops....He never listens to me.

"Good morning, Anna. I would like to introduce you to Officer Silvermen. I've informed him about the situation you had with the killer last night. He is here this morning to ask you a few questions."

"Okay." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

My father then leaves to head back upstairs to get ready for work. Looking at the police officer in front of me I notice he is a tall buff man with strawberry blonde hair. Carefully I watch him take out a pin and a yellow notepad from his uniform pocket. Shortly afterwards he begins to ask me all sorts of questions about last night.

"In a few brief words, Annalise, please tell me where you were walking home from before the killer starting following you?"

"I was at a friends house. Jonas Richards is his name by the way."

"Thanks for informing me, Miss Peterson. What exactly did the killer do as they were following you? Did they say anything to you at all?"

"Well somehow the killer knew my phone number and was texting me from an anonymous phone number. At first I ignored the first message that told me to, 'Turn around.' By the time the second message came across my screen it told me to turn around again so I could see its face. So I did, but I couldn't see the killers face."

The officer nods his head while he wrote down in his yellow notepad.

"Alright, from what you did see, please tell me what the killer was wearing."

"All black clothing."

"Did the killer have a weapon on them?"

"Yes sir, it was a large knife."

Officer Silvermen nods his head once again as he wrote down on the notepad. He then puts it back in his pocket then folds his arms across his chest. He looks up at me and clears his throat thoroughly.