Chapter 4: Rumor Has It

It felt like forever passed for Monday to finally arrive. Michael had spent the weekend at Kenny's because he didn't want his mother to ask questions. It wasn't everyday her son came home with bruised knuckles.

Questions ran through his mind.

Did I do the right thing? What if they were only playing? What will Andrea think of me now?

One thing he did know, is he'd be ready for a round two if Erick really wanted to go there. Kenny has been talking about the two taking in any number of guys that might try to jump them. At the end of it all, Michael was ready, that's all that mattered.

Monday morning, they walked through the halls early enough that everyone was there. People were pointing and laughing. Kenny and Michael just looked at each other and shrugged it off to get to their separate classes.

This would be the first time Michael is seeing Andrea. Kenny dapped Michael and let him know to text him if anything.

Michael nodded and gave himself a second before opening the door. When he did Andrea turned to faced him. Her face lit up. Michael's heart began racing.

Andrea stood up and walked over to Michael, "Hey Michael! I was wondering when I would see you again. Come sit with Kat and I?"

Michael wasn't sure how to respond, except follow her to the front of the classroom.

Michael sat down looking at Kat, knowing she didn't care for him much, with confusion.

Kat spoke up first with a whisper, "I am so happy that you were with us at the bonfire. If it wasn't for you, who knows what could've happened..."

"Alright, Kat, that's enough. I don't want to talk about it any longer."

Michael could only smile to himself as class started. At least he got some answers to his questions. Although, he still felt concerned for Andrea. He couldn't help looking at the back of her head for a good portion of class. Just wanting to embrace her and tell her he'd always protect her as long as he could.

~~~~

Andrea kept Kat close all day. She ignored the snickers as she walked the hallways. She was just happy she didn't see Erick anywhere on her way to lunch.

Andrea had spent the night at Kat's after the bonfire last Friday. She was so disgusted with Erick and her choice to ever date him. She hated to say that her mother's words about his intentions were right. They spent the weekend watching sappy movies, eating ice cream from the pint, and talking about how happy they were for Michael.

Andrea decided that they would sit with Michael and Kenny for lunch. The people they often say with were giving her the death stare. She didn't even want to sit with them to find out what the gossip could possibly be today.

"Mind if we sit here?"

Michael stood up abruptly for Andrea to sit and Kenny nodded with a sly grin at Kat.

Kat looked at him curiously. Andrea knew that look. It appeared that Michael knew Kenny's look too. They both looked at each other and giggled to themselves.

Just as they finished, one of the girls who Andrea sat with made her way over to them.

"So, you're also fraternizing with these dweebs too now?"
Andrea and Kat stood up as Regina scoffed at them.

"What's it to you?" Kat said as she got closer to her.

"Oh, nothing. I just find it hilarious that Andrea over here would throw herself all over Erick on Friday, just to be all over...what's your name?"