Chapter 10

A/N: In honor of Tom (also my favorite singer Michael Bublé. Gosh it's like Christmas today!!) doing a glorious ice bucket challenge for ALS (check out als.org for more info for this fantastic cause! I've already done the challenge ^_^) and challenging Benedict Cumberbatch, I'm feeling super generous and present you the chapter you have all been waiting for a few days early... A white tight shirt, slo motion and a shirt flip??? Seriously Thomas stop trying to kill us. 

BUT GUESS WHAT? WE'RE HALFWAY THERE. Kinda going a bit fast huh? Maybe not, I don't know... It seems to be going by fast for me. So Sigyn is back in her room- I mean Loki's room - I mean... well you know. Anyway, so you all have been patiently (or not patiently) been waiting, it's time for our man in green to become as a focal point at last! Seriously, you all have been waiting for this moment and I'm pleased to finally bring it to you...  or am I? You'll just have to wait and see. 

Two chapter update next week, Chapters 11 and 12 on Tuesday and Thursday respectively (12-14 being a favorites of mine so far)! As always, enjoy :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She always looked so peaceful when she slept.

Loki often watched her sleep at night, but lately it had been more than ever. He had watched her when she had been thrown in the cell again, knowing that every moment with her was precious; she was going to die by Odin’s hand. His thoughts had been confused the past couple of days; did he ever really love her? The god had been inclined to say 'no' before he fetched her from the woods. But when he saw her, bloody and broken, the heart he thought he lost long ago confirmed its existence and broke.

Had the All-Father disposed of her like he had intended, it would have been easier to stomach. He already hated Odin and had a strong distaste for Thor and his friends, but as he stood now with his favorite dagger in hand, he felt sick to his stomach at the thought of killing her where she slept in his chair by the fire.

For some reason, he did not understand, Sigyn had always opted to sleep in the chair next to the fireplace and not the bed. Even when he had been “alive”, she had slept in the chair, which was until he began to stay up and read while she slept in his bed. Truth be told, he hardly read much on those nights they spent together. Instead, he often watched her while she slept, the way her hands folded next to her head under her pillow and the way her petite body curled up underneath his green blanket always made him smile.

His green blanket was always draped over her even now as she curled up even tighter in the chair, her face contorting into one of pain and misery. Perhaps this would not be as difficult as he originally thought; if she was in pain now, why not just give her death? She had asked for it many times before; the death of her famly, Frigga, himself and Theoric. It would be a blessing and she would be finaly reunited with her loved ones at last. His knuckles turned whiter as the grip on the jeweled dagger as he poised it over her sleeping body, preparing to strike.

Should he drive it through her gut? Or glide the blade along her neck? Or should he drive it into her heart; then maybe they would be even for the pain they had both caused. Loki’s green eyes fell on Sigyn’s face, her golden hair framing her face as she had left it down instead of braiding it out of her face for the evening. Valhalla, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on; and he worst man to ever attempt to win her heart.

Sigyn’s chest rose and fell under the emerald blanket, her body fidgeting more and more as her nightmare seemed to intensify. Sweat gathered across her forehead, her lower lip quivering as she seemed to be crying.