Chapter 3

A/N: OH. HEY. LOOK: A MIDNIGHT(ish) CHAPTER RELEASE BECAUSE YOU GUYS DESERVE IT. Yeah so, I'm still behind on chapters... fingers crossed I can type faster or I'll have to stop publishing this book in a couple of weeks to catch up. I'm just rewriting things and such to make it better for all of you! 

A couple of you asked why there is no music for this book yet. Simply, the reason is that I'm using the same playlist from the first book with a couple additions. I'll be sure to add them as I feel they suit the chapter, be patient. And oh, this chapter and the next one are going to be an emotional roller coasters. You have all been warned, MUAHAHAHHA... I mean enjoy ;) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wedding was only two weeks away and there was still so much to do.

“What about these?” Sigyn was holding up different assortments of flowers in between creating elixirs with Véar.

Some of the warriors would be heading home from Muspelheim, the home of the demons. A small amount of battles had broken out as that realm had plunged into a civil war and a fight for power. Not many had been severely injured, at least not enough to need Véar be fetched. Heimdall had informed her early this morning approximately how many elixirs of healing they would need before mid afternoon when the warriors would arrive. It was near 200, but that was barely a large amount compared to the number of men that were returning home unscathed. During the mixing process, which delayed the speed at which they could make them, Sigyn had taken to looking at flowers to hold for her bouquet as well as ones to put in her hair.

Véar’s ebony skin shimmered just under the soft blue dress she wore, her fingers working much faster than Sigyn’s. Looking up, she smiled at the light blue flowers tinted with a bit of red.

“Those are my favorite. I know I have said that many times but I believe that you have found the color, and not a moment to lose. You are such a procrastinator my friend.” 

The two laughed a bit and started on the last set of elixirs. Sigyn put the flowers aside she had decided against and set the chosen one aside. The sound of glass clinking against each other while they mixed filled the air between them, something she much enjoyed. 

“I know but I could not decide my dear Véar! It is not my fault that Asgardian flowers are some of the most beautiful and exquisite pieces of creation! My mother used to say I would procrastinate my own funeral if I could and part of me believed her for some time.”

The head healer clucked her tongue a few times and shook her head.  Her eyes glazed over to their work, checking the elixir’s to see if they had finished mixing yet. After a few minutes of silence between the two, one of Véar’s eyebrows rose while propped her elbows on the table. 

“So… has Theoric informed you of your final plans together this week?”

It was customary that a week before the wedding, the bride and groom would not see each other, at least not in a private manner. It was only to make the couple more eager for marriage, mostly to ensure that neither side backed out. The elixir’s had finished by now as the two began to pack and seal them for dispersion within the next hour. 

“Not yet, he did say to meet him in his room after I was done to pick up the outfit for later, then he would come fetch me after the evening meal. Should we take these down to the infirmary?”

Véar nodded, putting them into satchels so it would be easier to carry. “Yes, by now I believe that they have set up some of the stations and we can set up before the warriors arrive. You may run and fetch your outfit for tonight and return to the infirmary when you’re done.”