Chapter 7

A/N: Alright let me just say something: An antagonist is different than a villain. Bucky, Loki, Nebula, Gamora, Ronan, Red Skull, etc. are antagonists. They were established originally as villains, and some still are. Let me explain: Before we realised that Bucky, Nebula, Gamora and Loki were all tortured to some extent, we viewed them strictly as villains. They can not be classified as antagonists, Gamora and Bucky at the top of the list while Nebula and Loki sit in limbo as their story arcs are not over yet. In or story, Theoric is an antagonist, not a villain, same as Loki. Okay that's all, just a small rant. (Which can we just talk about how Nebula and Gamora mentioning being tortured was just a conformation that lloki was?!? Ugh, i have such a soft spot for all three of these characters, especially Gamora now. Perhaps we'll see them in this story?? Let me know what you think! ^_^) 

Alright so let's get to the good stuff. This chapter takes place at the same time of Chapter 6 as their storylines are starting to merge. As we get more and more of Loki, he will become finally one of our main characters and a huge presence in the novel (can ya hold on till chapter 10?) The last portion is probably the part you'll all freak out over and squeal; you're totally welcome. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Vona, you've had enough oats for today, I think it's time for a ride."

Tugging at the lead, Sigyn led the mare to the outside of her stall, tying her off so she could saddle her. It was fairly early, about 5am so no one in the palace was up aside from a few servants. She had left through the garden, trying to ride out before daybreak and her guard, Skrímsli, noticed her absence. 

It wasn't that she hated the guard or his presence, it was just that after being cooped up for a few days in her room, she wanted to feel the wind in her hair and the grass between her toes. Until she had come to Asgard, she had never been cooped up and limited to sunlight. She was used to working the field, gathering eggs and milking the cows.

Her family had never been wealthy enough to own a horse other than the one that plowed the field, and he was an old horse that was limited on speed. He had passed away during one of the rebel attacks; his poor heart had given out running in fear from the men that attacked her village. She missed that gelding, but Vona would have to suffice.

The mare walked at an easy gait through the town just outside the Kingdom, the sun would be up within an hour and she wished to be within the grasp of the guards by then. It would only take an hour after first light for her guard to notice something was wrong and come in. Sigyn wore a bold yellow and green dress, her hood pulled up to conceal her trademark hair.

The woods were nearly in sight, and she could feel Vona shake underneath her with excitement, already knowing that they would visit the mare's favorite location; the waterfall that emptied into a bottomless pit.

It was unique to the region to the land of Asgard, for it was the only other place in the world where a waterfall ran and dumped into an empty abyss. She had asked Fandral and Theoric once before about it, but he had told her no such thing existed. She had discovered it when Theoric had been on leave a few months back and decided to keep it to herself. It wasn't that she hadn't wanted to share it with her love or her best friend, but she found it peaceful and a place to think and reflect. 

Vona loved it because of the rich vegetation that grew near the waterfall. Often times, Sigyn would sit near where the water spilled over into the deep black hole that probably poured endlessly through the world that she stood on, much like the waterfalls that were near the rainbow bridge. Perhaps when she was done there she would sneak away to see Heimdall, it had been so long since she had gone to see him and perhaps his comforting words would allow her to move on a bit.