Chapter Twenty

Harry's POV

I woke with a start as an earsplitting scream filled the room. Grace's scream. I turned to my left instincitvely, as Louis and I had shared a room back in the X Factor days. Now Grace laid there, seemingly asleep but still muttering gibberish and kicking her legs.

"Grace, are you okay? Grace?" I whispered, shaking her shoulder. She woke up then, a look of terror clear on her face. Realization washed over her face after a moment. I smiled softly as I brushed a few strands of hair from her face.

"I had a nightmare," she started, sitting up in the bed. I matched her actions, nodding. "I had a nightmare that the baby was born and you- you left me and I couldn't support the baby and we were in an alley and a guy came up to us and-" she broke off, choking on soft sobs. My arms were around her immediately. 

I looked her in the eyes, those beautiful eyes. A few days ago she told me about her insecurities, and one of them was her eye color. I thought it was a beautiful, natural shade of brown, but she disagreed. Anyway, I looked into her eyes and made sure she understood when I said: "I will never, ever leave you, you know that, don't you?"

She looked at me with doubt. "But what if, come January, you find someone who-"

I stopped her before she could go any further. "But I love you, Grace. I love you, I love you, I love you," I grinned, placing small kisses around her face. She smiled a little, her hands placed on her swelling stomach. She was getting bigger every day. A week and a half ago was the first prenatal doctor's appointment, and the due date was set: January 18. 

Unfortunately, that was during our new tour. I even had a show that day. That reminded me - the fans. Not only were they in the dark on Grace's pregnancy, but they also didn't know that we were dating yet. Management didn't know either. I was positive that all hell would break loose when they found out.

I looked to the clock, which read seven in the morning. Usually I'd sleep until noon, but Grace and I were having a date today, so I decided to wake up. Grace announced she was going back to sleep, and I put on some boxers before going to the shower. 

I paused at Louis's bedroom door, which was closed and I'm sure, locked. Ever since Grace and I had gotten back together, Louis had gotten more and more distant. He was spending time at a lot of other girls' houses, which I suppose was good. Still, Louis and I had always been so close. We were drifting apart.

Just before I got to the bathroom, I heard the flat phone ring. We normally didn't use that phone; all of us had cell phones and I had forgotten that we even had a flat phone. I rushed to find it, and just before it went to the voicemail, I answered. "Hello?"

A familiar man's voice overwhelmed the speakers. "Harry, we need you and Grace to come to the office right away." That was it, and then Paul hung up. My green eyes darted around the room, afraid someone was watching us. It was unnecessary, but it made me feel better. 

And then I realized. Management was calling a meeting, and Grace was coming. That could only mean one thing: they knew she was pregnant, and they were not happy.