Chapter Seven

Grace's POV

I hope the baby has green eyes. That was my first thought. Harry had spectacular emerald eyes, while mine were a murky brown, not a pretty brown like Zayn or Liam. The baby would most likely have brown hair, as Harry and I both shared that trait, however I was unsure if it would be curly like Harry's or straight like mine. 

Then I realized. Harry Styles was my babydaddy. Harry Styles, the manwhore. Harry Styles, the youngest and possibly most immature one. Harry Styles, the one running out of the room. 

There he went, running out the door. This left Liam and Zayn and Louis. Liam looked at me like he pitied my situation. Louis looked conflicted, unsure if he should follow Harry or stay. He stayed with a huff. Zayn just looked relieved.

After paying, we drove home in silence. I was still a bit in shock. I was pregnant, officially. I supposed I had it better than those girls on MTV and such; they were sixteen and still had high school while I was eighteen and had finished my homeschooling before leaving on tour with the boys.

We got into the hotel through the secret entrance the boys had been given to avoid fan swarms. Liam said he would go tell Niall, and for that I was relieved. Niall was really upset yesterday, but then again, all of us were.

It was then when I started crying. Maybe it was pregnancy hormones or whatever, but I started sobbing right there in the hallway. I hated the idea of everyone getting upset over me. I hated how the boys were divided because of me. 

And then there was the whole issue of telling people. I'd have to tell my mom. I'd have to tell Lou. Surely Harry should tell his fans. But still, would he? This was Harry we were talking about. The thought sickened me. Harry was the least person in the band to have a serious relationship with anybody, much less be a dad. 

Still, my mind crawled to what he had said yesterday about being a dad. He said it'd be nice. It wasn't sarcastic or cocky, it was sensitive and pure. It comforted me a little, but I was still crying. 

Louis and Zayn got me to my room and started consoling me. Well, Zayn was consoling me. Louis sat in the corner, looking like he didn't give two fucks about me. He probably didn't. Louis and I had never been particularly close. We were friends, of course, but not as close as Niall and I or even Zayn and I. 

Zayn was the one who really helped calm me down. He patted my back and kissed my forehead and said it was gonna be okay as I curled up into his chest. He was warm, radiating heat. It was nice to have someone to hold onto.

There was a knock on the door, and without waiting for an answer, Niall walked in. He looked fired up, but when he saw me, his expression softened.

"Grace," he squeaked, in a tiny voice. Ni and I were probably the closest in the band. We had the most chemistry. He never tried to make a move on me - except that one night - but I could tell he was into me. I never called him out on it though. He was sweet. He cared. 

His blue eyes drifted to Zayn's hands on my back. His eyebrows furrowed but he said nothing, and came over to me, and hugged me. I hugged him too, me and Niall and Zayn all in one big hug. 

Harry and Liam walked in then. Harry's eyes were red and puffy. Actually, one was purple and black. His curly hair was matted and his shoulder looked like it was in an awkward position. He took in a deep breath.

"Boys, can I have a moment alone with Grace?" he asked, looking around. Niall looked at him disappovingly, but Liam gripped him on the shoulder and pulled him out. Zayn gave me one last hug and walked out. I immediately missed the warmth. Louis was the last to leave, after whispering something inaudible in Harry's ear.

Then it was just Harry and I. He came over to my spot on the bed and sat next to me. He was not too close, but not too far either. It was a comfortable distance for conversation. "Grace, I'm really sorry I ran out before," he started. "It's just, I was scared. I imagine you're scared too. I've never been in a serious relationship before, and now I'm going to be a father. It was a shock to me. But I decided that I really want to be there as a dad. I want to be someone you and the unborn child in your stomach can count on. So really, what I'm asking is, would you give me a chance? Let's go to dinner tomorrow night. I don't have a show until the day after." 

He looked at me in the eyes for the first time since he walked in. I noticed how they had changed in the past day. Before, there was a flirty, predatory look on them. Now, there was a sensitive, almost trying look. 

"Of course, Harry. I want you to be there, too. I really would love for us to be good parents." I said, and reached out to hold his hands. They were a lot bigger than mine, but some part of it comforted me. 

We kept like that for a little while before Harry abruptly stood up. "The boys," he muttered. I sighed, and got up to follow him to the door. When we opened it, though, nobody was there. 

Harry looked at me, unsure of where to go. I suddenly had a strong desire to be held, to cuddle. "Harry, I know this might be weird, but... would you stay the night with me? Nothing... like that, it's just, I get cold," I stammered, mentally cursing myself. I sounded desperate.

Still, Harry's face lit up at the offer. "Sure," he said, taking my hand. We crawled into bed together, and he put his arm around my waist. His hand reached my tummy. I fell asleep to Harry rubbing my pregnant stomach. I wasn't showing yet, but we all knew what was in there. 

For the first time, I felt like a mother.