Chapter Ten

Louis's POV

I was right about to score a 11294 on Just Dance 3 when Harry burst in and made me drop my Wii remote. His beanie was crooked and he looked as if he was about to punch someone. My left eyebrow raised at his appearance, but I said nothing. I heard footsteps outside of the closed door and Harry made a "shh" motion with his finger. He then proceeded to crawl under the bed, hitting his head on the way down and mumbling curses under his breath.

I picked up my remote and turned to the TV when Grace barged in. "What do you want?" I hissed at her. I had to admit, I hated Grace. I used to not mind her - I mean, I fucked her that one time, didn't I? But now that I found out how much of a whore she really was, I couldn't stand her.

She was hurting Harry. I don't know if she knew it and I don't know if Harry noticed, but I did. She was hurting my Hazza. I was so protective over this one boy, and of course he had to be the father. I was bitter.

"What are you doing?" she asked in a superior tone. Her eyes flicked around the room for a moment and then focused in on me.

"I'm playing Just Dance 3, what the hell does it look like?" I rolled my eyes and started to look through other songs.

"Sassy bitch," she breathed, turning around.

"Actually, I was thinking of doing the song 'Promiscuous.' Sounds a lot like you," I smirked.

"Louis, shut the fuck up. Where the hell is Harry?" she asked, giving me the finger along the way.

"I don't think he wants to see you. I don't know what you did, but I do know that he's pissed. And he certainly doesn't want to talk to you."

"He's here, isn't he? I saw him come in. I have to talk to him. I have to explain that the kiss with Zayn didn't mean anything. We were just-"

"You kissed Zayn?" I interupted her, angrier than ever. "You kissed Zayn the day after you started dating Harry, who is the father of the child in your stomach?"

She took a breath and looked at me. I almost pitied her for a moment. I almost cared. But then I realized that I don't care. Not about her.

"Harry, I think you'd better handle this," I shouted, turning off the TV. "I'll be outside. You two talk in here."

Harry was halfway out from under the bed when I shut the door. Looking around the vacant hallway, I realized that I didn't have anywhere to go. So I decided to press my ear against the wooden door and eavesdrop.

"I can't believe you'd go and kiss Zayn behind my back! The day after we agreed to be a couple!" Harry was yelling. I could picture the scene unfold.

"I just- It didn't mean anything! I swear!" Grace blubbered, trying her best to fight back.

"I thought I would be the whore. I thought I'd be the one who had to constantly control myself. I thought I would break your heart. Not the other way around," Harry said. His voice was softer and I knew tears were coming. That boy could go from rage to sobbing in seconds.

"Harry, I barely know you! I mean, yes, I've been touring with you for a year or so, but we never actually sat down and had a date! You never cared about me! You cared about the bombshells. You cared about the club girls," Grace said. "When did you start caring?"  

"When I put that baby in your stomach." I heard Harry say. It was a simple sentence. Eight words. But it really spoke a thousand. It was filled with guilt and regret. But it was also filled with care and gentleness. There was a long silence, and finally Grace spoke. 

"So where do we go from here?" 

I heard Harry take a heavy sigh. "I'm not going to force you to love me. I'm not going to force you to even date me. But just know, whatever you do, whoever you decide to be with, I am going to be a part of your life. Of our baby's life. And you're going to have to accept that." I heard Harry's footsteps approaching the door and I quickly flung myself around the corner so he wouldn't know that I heard all that. 

"You can come out Louis; I know you were listening," he muttered, and I crawled to him like a puppy who had just disobeyed his master. "How much did you hear?"

I stood up and brushed myself off. "All of it. What are you gonna do, Haz?"

"I don't know. But I need to go talk to Niall," he said, and started walking. I followed. "Louis, I need to do this alone. Go finish Just Dance."

I sighed and made a U-turn to my room. Grace was still in it, in tears. "Go see Zayn." I commanded, and she scurried out of the room. I picked up my discarded Wii remote and turned the TV back on. 

I needed to beat my high score.