"Stop Clary! Otherwise, someday something serious will happen and you will regret it." He warned me and I pushed him on his chest, which made him take a few steps backwards. He clenched his jaws and I saw him getting angrier.

"I was doing good on my own." I fired back at him. His eyes were spewing fire. I knew me acting this way with him would make him furious but he needed to stop handling me as a baby.

"Oh really? That's why you got injured again." He said and directed at my wound. I sighed annoyed.

"Let's not act like you never get hurt while being on a mission." I said annoyed and walked away from him. I couldn't watch him here in front of me and making me feel like I was not capable of doing this job.

It already hurts me enough to know that he does not feel the same way and I really don't want this drama to eat my mind. I was strong enough to do this on my own. I was a Fairchild after all.

"Clary!" I heard Jace shout and I turned myself around and saw a demon. I quickly kicked it away from me and stabbed it in his leg and then made him fall and broke his neck. He burned away and I saw the shocked expression on Jace's face and on Alec's.

"I told you. I was doing good on my own." I said sassy and looked at Alec, who rolled his eyes at me. Jace smiled proudly.

"Good job sis." He said and I smiled. At least he and Izzy thought that I was capable of doing this.

"This whole place is crowded with demons." Jace said and I looked at him.

"So be careful." He said and I nodded. I walked away and I heard Alec mumbling something but I was not quite sure what it was and I did not want to know either because I knew it would make me angry. It must be again some of his rude comments. Just like always.

I saw Liz and as she turned around she started attacking me. I backed away and looked shocked at her.

"What the hell, Liz?!" I screamed out of anger and I heard her chuckle.

"You wouldn't care if Liz died. That meant that your competition was gone." Liz said and it made me realize that she was possessed by a demon. I saw Alec running together with Jace and they looked both shocked at us.

"Shut your mouth." I said annoyed. I didn't want the demon to mention this in front of Alec. It would be fucking stupid and embarrassing.

"What scared that your heart might break if Liz steals the love of your life." Said Liz and that was enough.

"Enough!" I shouted and ran against her but she grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. I coughed and stood back up.

No way in hell that this demon would win this fight.

I ran again towards her and tackled the demon and quickly took my blades and stabbed in her shoulders and held her tight. The demon screamed out the pain it felt as I stabbed it and burned away and the unconscious Liz fell in my hand.

"Liz!" I heard Alec scream and he ran towards us and took Liz and made her rest on his lap. Jealousy hit me in the face and I backed away from them. They were family. I could never change that fact.

I needed to stop my feelings for Alec.

"Clary, are you okay?" Jace asked as he saw my broken expression on my face and I nodded. Alec looked at us and I walked away. I couldn't stand it to look at the both of them. It hurts my heart.

"Clary, wait!" I heard my brother shout and turned myself around defeated in tears. It killed me inside out to see Alec with someone else. To see him caring for someone else in the way I wanted him to care for me.

"Sis, no." He whispered and hugged me as I broke down in tears. I held my brother tight and let all of my emotions out.

"It kills me, Jace." I breathed out while crying and held him tighter. Jace sighed and hugged me back.

"I know... I know." He said as he was stroking my hair. I knew that Jace hated to see me in tears because of Alec and he could do nothing than just watch me breaking down. He couldn't force Alec into this and he did not do anything wrong either. He just does not feel that way and I need to accept that.

"Clary?" I heard a familiar voice ask and my heart dropped. I pulled out of the hug and turned myself around and faced Simon. Happiness filled my heart and I smiled throughout my tears. He was really here. My best friend was back.

"Simon!" I called out happy and ran towards him and hugged him. He felt differently. His warmth was gone and I could only feel ice cold. He was really dead.... He was a vampire...

"I am back now and I swear I will never leave you again." He said and I smiled and hugged him tightly. At least something good happened.

__

Thank you so much for the 3K! Aww Simon is back!

Vote and comment!