Dance

You only hear the huffs and puffs of your own breathe as you and Shinichi ran through the destined place.
Shinichi who was running in front of you didn't seem to be exhausted at all. 'Fucking polices didn't even get us a ride' you curse them as sweat run down to your forehead.
"1 hour left" Shinichi reminded you as he run.
9:00 pm was the appointed time of Kid's heist and the meeting place was another mansion that is having a party for their daughter's 18 birthday and the gift for her was a famous jewel called 'The Queen's Ruby'. 'Why are there so many fucking party at masions?' You curse under your breathe.

Shinichi notices your condition and suddenly stop running. You bumped into him causing you to fell on your bottom.
"HEY!!!" You shouted at him.

"Sorry but I think it will be faster this way" he said as he picks you up and carry you on his shoulder.

"HEY! WHAT TH-" You shouted almost letting out your thoughts.
But he ignored your complaints and started running.

Indeed he was right when he said it will be faster because the both of you reached the mansion with 50 minutes to spare.

"(L/n)-san! And Kudo Shinichi?!" Inspector Nakamori said as he greeted the both you at the front door.

Shinichi puts you down gently and you gave him a short "thank you". Shinichi then walk up to the Inspector and greeted him.
You then went to the side of the mansion were many trees surrounded the place.

'Fucking Kudo! I was still in my uniform! 'it' could have been seen' you thought as you pulled down your skirt.

Then when you had calmed down you went back to the front door and saw the two men about to enter the mansion. Inspector Nakamori called out to you and said that he will show the both of you to where the jewel is hidden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'A beautiful lady' you thought as you passed the daughter of the owner's house. You weren't insulting her with your sarcastic tone, she was actually beautiful and with the violet dress she was wearing adds up to her beauty.

"Oh! Are you (L/n)-san?! And Shinichi?!!" The beauty said as she notices the both of you.

"Pleasure to meet you Hime-san" Shinichi said as he reach up to her hand. Hime was her name that truly fits her, then your mind wandered 'Is this the type of girl that 'he' likes?' You thought.

"Nice to meet you" you said to Hime and she greeted you with a bright smile.

"Well we better get going. There's 40 minutes left" Shinichi reminded you again and you only gave him a simple nod.

As the both of you arrived to a room where the Queen's Ruby is placed within a glass case, you stand amazed by the shining gem.
The room was wide and heavily guarded. There were several police inside including Inspector. .
You were about to reach the glass case when a hand wearing white gloves stop you.
"I'm sorry ma'am but there is a trap placed for Kid on top of the glass" a police said.

"Ok" you said as you retreated you hand and went back to Shinichi's side.

While Shinichi and Inspector Nakamori talked about how to catch the damn theif, you observed the room. Wide windows on the wall that was shut tight, an air vent on the ceiling, a chandelier, a bookshelf, and a camera in one of the corners of the room.

"What's this camera for?" You asked Inspector.  as you pointed to the camera.

"(L/n)-san that's not a camera! Hahaha that's a device that will catch Kid. That's a device that will blast a  laser pointed at the gem" the Inspector explained then the police who had grabbed your arm earlier went to the device's side.

You only give him a simple nod. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and saw a maid standing outside.
"(L/n)-sama? Kudo-sama? Hime-sama has requested for you to come" she said.
The two of you were confused on what was going on but the both of you still go.

When you and Shinichi arrived to where Hime-san is, she explained that the both of you are going to attend her masquerade party. Suddenly there were maids behind the both of you while holding on to your arms.

"You guys have to dress up ok?" Hime-san said then gave a single clap. The maids then dragged you and Shinichi into different rooms

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

You were now standing at the gigantic mirror while the maids fixed your elegant (f/c) dress, your updo (h/c) hair,  a black mask and a matching pair of glass heels.
'Ugh. I look like a princess in this one' you thought.

When the maids finished fixing your dress, another knock was heard from the door. It was Shinichi wearing a black tuxedo and a gold mask.

"Well are you ready (F/n)-san?" He asked as he reach out to your hand. You didn't answer but instead you took his hand and the both of you walk down to the party below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of classical music was being played by the musicians and the room was completely filled with people wearing masks. As the famous guests dance to the music, you gobble the food that was placed on the side.

"You sure have a big appetite" Shinichi said as he took a bite on his food.

"Can't catch Kid with an empty stomach" you said.

Suddenly the music was getting slower and then "Would you like to dance with me?" Shinichi said offering his hand.

"I don't know how to dance" you said as you look at him uninterested then putting down your plate. He then forcefully took your hand and led you to the center.

"Just leave it all to me" was the words that left his mouth.

Then the both of you swayed into the slow music. He slip his arms into your waist and pulled your body close while the other was holding onto your hand tightly. You were focusing into your feet so much so that you wouldn't be able to step on his feet.

You were too focused on dancing and didn't realized that Shinichi was staring to someone from behind you.
He tightened his grip on your hand and pulled your body even close, now your body is already touching his.

"Oi! What are you doing?!" You said as you gave him a light punch on his chest.

"It seems that someone would like to dance with you too" he said before he gently spins you and let go of your hand.

"Kudo! Why did you do tha-!" Your words were cut off when you suddenly bumped into someone's chest.

"Hello mademoiselle~" a voice of a man said as he took your hand and kiss the top.

The voice was familiar and realized it was 'him' but you didn't show any expression on your face and kept your poker face.

"Would you like to dance?" He said.
You only gave another simple nod and then he led you back into the center.

As the guests who were dancing with their partners surround the two of you, you felt like you were dancing above the clouds as the two of you gently swayed with the music.
You felt like you were being magnetized into his glowing blue orbs that you see through his mask.
The same feeling you felt before.
He pulled your body close to him until your face were close enough to touch.

When the music finally stop he lets go of you and said "It was a pleasure to dance with you mademoiselle and I would like to dance with you again but sadly I must go it will be 9 o'clock soon" then he left.

Suddenly Shinichi came running into you. "(F/n)-san it's almost time!" He said then he escorted you back into the room where the jewel is. As the two of you were running up the stairs, you trip and fall but luckily Shinichi caught you before you fell. One of your glass shoe fell off but you said "Leave it! It's important to catch him first" and then the both of you ran quickly as possible leaving the glass shoe behind.

When Shinichi and you left the shoe, a man wearing white clothing saw the glass shoe. He pick it up and lift it up above his head, his face was reflected on the shoe and he completely saw his face wearing his hat and monocle.

"My Cinderella" was the words that left his mouth before he disappeared.