Dye Millard x Reader

An: AYYY A REQUEST I CAN DO! This was requested by @-kurutta and I had a blast writing it! *THIS IS ONE OF MY LONGEST STORIES, SO YOU ARE IN LUCK!* (I got another request, but the person who requested won't answer about a detail that's kinda crucial) But anyway, it is a request for a one shot with my baby Millard. Let's gooooo.
____________________
Millard's P.O.V.
Miss Peregrine hollered at us to come in for supper from the door. I had just finished a game of football **soccer for all those Americans out there** with Hugh, who most definitely cheated, and Y/n was walking with me. As she rambled on about the unfairness of the game I had just played, I felt a small smile creep onto my face. She had a voice that could do that to me. One that when I hear it, my face lights up and although I'm invisible, I feel like she noticed.

After several more minutes of complaining, Hugh walked up to her and told her if she had a problem with the way he played, she could say it to his face. He wasn't really angry, but he acted as though he was. Y/n laughed and told him that he shouldn't be allowed to spit bees at his opponent during the game because it's an unfair advantage and he technically could be disqualified if Horace knew how to properly ref the games.

Hugh looked appalled and stated that if that's unfair, I shouldn't be allowed in games of hide-and-seek.

"Well, I am only allowed to be seeker, so technically it's not cheating." I said. Y/n gave Hugh a ~can't argue with that~ look and Hugh rolled his eyes.

"Well it's not cheating until Horace makes the call." Hugh said, finalizing his defense and walking away.

"Well he's just in a delightful mood." Y/n said, looking over to where I was. Only I wasn't there. "Millard?"

She began looking around again, however, she didn't notice I was right behind her. She turned in circles a few times, calling my name. Eventually, she gave up and went inside, looking slightly disappointed. I smiled. Perfect.

I snuck in the house after she did and once she was settled at the table for supper, I snuck upstairs to her room. Early that day, I had collected nearly fifty rolls of tinfoil from the village. Supper was going to be a bit long, so I had a bit of time. But I wasted none of it.

Roll after roll, Y/n's room slowly began to become more shiny. The crinkly tinfoil clung to her desk and bed. Her walls and her book shelves. Everything. It was all foil. Her room reflected the light given off by her lamp and created a golden hue.

After admiring my work for a few minutes, I heard footsteps heading upstairs. I quickly dove from her room and slipped into mine. A few seconds later, I heard someone at the top of the stairs. Her voice fluttered through the air.

"Goodnight everyone!" She said as she reached her door. She stopped at the door and waited till she heard most of the responses. Then she preceded to open the door.

"MILLARD NULLINGS!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. She walked to my room and knocked on my door before proceeding to open it, despite me not answer.

"Hey! I didn't answer you!" I said, as I ducked the crumpled up tinfoil that was hurled at me.

"Doesn't matter. What's this?" She said, holding up another ball of tinfoil before tossing it at me.

"Hm... appears to be some type of metal. Very thin, maybe tin?" I said, tossing the ball around in my hands.

"Oh shut up Millard." She said, smiling. I tossed the ball back, staying quiet. "Now, come clean up my room! I know it was you who did it."

"Wow, I'm offended. How come I instantly was blamed? Why do you think I have so much time on my hands?" I asked, sounding innocent.

"You weren't at supper."