Painless Enoch x Reader *Part 2*

An: Hey Hey Hey! It's me again! Part 2! I know, I know, super exciting! This is part 2 of the request from aylasummer so, enjoy!
_________________
"Miss Bloom, if you could step out, I'd like to have a word with Miss Y/L/N." Miss Peregrine stated, turning to Emma.

"Yes, of course, Miss," Emma said as she left the room. Miss Peregrine turned to you as the door closed. You had no clue what was coming.
*************************
You stared at the door after Emma closed it.

"Miss Y/L/N, I have a question I generally do not ask my children, but in this case, I think I must," Miss Peregrine started. You nodded slowly, signaling for her to continue. She studied your confused expression for a moment before asking, "Miss Y/L/N, do you... fancy anyone?"

You were taken aback by the question. Nothing you expected to hear from her.

"Well... I, uh... no, not exactly." You stuttered.

"Mhm, not even Mr. O'Connor?" She asked.

"No, why wo-"

"I think you cannot harm the person you think you love, therefore Enoch is not affected by your painful touch." Miss Peregrine interrupted. You remained silent and confused until she said: "but it is your choice if you tell him how you feel, but I, personally, think the feeling is mutual." And that was all she said before walking out.

Enoch O'Connor, fancying me? You thought. He has no heart, so why would he?

The conversation replayed in your mind all day, wondering if the Bird was right. If Enoch did have feelings towards you. But, the more you thought about, the more riddikulus and unlikely it seemed. At least you thought.

You remained in your room for the rest of the day. You heard everyone chatting away at supper, while you sat quietly. You heard the commotion afterwards, everyone preparing for bed. You heard reset and felt the house shake, but you remained where you were sitting, thinking.

By the time the house has settled and the final shuffling of feet disappeared behind a shutting door, you crept out. Slowly down the stairs, being sure you stayed especially quiet. The last thing you wanted was to wake Enoch again. You walked to the kitchen and silently made a sandwich before stepping out onto the porch and sitting. You ate in silence and sat in the chilly night air for a while.

The outdoors where soothing. The night you ran from home, after making your younger sister cry in a way you never heard before, you ran to the forest, falling asleep under the canopy of stars. It was quiet and something made you feel safe. So, you'd often walked around the tiny island at night. Tonight, though, you decided to just sit.

After a while, you were shivering. Summer nights are always cool. And you were only in shorts and T-shirt. But you also weren't ready to go in, so you sat out longer still shivering. You sat out as the breeze whipped around your body, making you pull your knees up and put your head down. This was the fresh air you rarely got because you remained in your room. Suddenly, as you shivered more, a blanket draped around your shoulders. Startled, you turned around quickly, seeing someone you would've never guessed.

"You've been out here awhile, figured you'd be cold." Shrugged Enoch, sitting beside you.

"Oh, uh... thanks... I was just going inside, actually." You said, quickly rising back to your feet.

"No, you weren't," Enoch said plainly, staring ahead.

"How would you know?"

"You wouldn't have tried to keep yourself warm longer if you planned on going back inside." You remained quiet, pulling the blanket closer to your shoulders. It was Enoch's blanket, so it gave off a smell similar to him. You smiled to yourself mentally.

The silence hung in the air. Enoch stared straight ahead, you stared down at your shoes. Surprisingly, Enoch was the one to break the silence.

"You know..." he began, "Miss Peregrine can detect any one of us eavesdropping, but she occasionally lets us slip by and listen." You turned to him, but his eyes remained fixed straight ahead. "When Emma was leaving the library, I slipped in." You looked back down as his eyes tried to meet yours.

"Yeah, about that... conversation, sorry. I was just trying to-"

"And I just wanted to say, I think I feel the same way." You kept your head down, but your eyes widened at this statement, "now, I say think because I never felt emotion, I have a reputation as a sociopath in this household, but I think if I was to know what... love, perhaps, felt like, I think this would be it." He said, tilting your face towards his. His eyes flickered across your face, down towards your lips, then back to your eyes.

"Enoch, I-" but you were cut short by a soft set of lips in yours. You were taken aback at first but returned the kiss within a few seconds. He pulled away slowly and looked you in the eyes before standing up and offering you his hand. You took it and he pulled you to your feet.

The two of you crept back inside and headed up the stairs. Once the two of you said goodnight and closed your doors, the other children crept out of the library.

"Now, pay up Hugh." Said Millard in a hushed tone.

"I still don't think that was supposed to happen. My money was on Olive." Hugh said, looking towards the top of the stairs.

"Exactly, that's why you need to pay up." Hugh sighed and pulled a few crumpled bills out of his pocket and handed them to the invisible boy.

"Now, when Emma and Jacob finally get together, you'll owe me more," Millard stated plainly.

"I don't know why I put my money on Emma not dating anyone."

"Neither do I."

The other children exchanged their bet money and went up to bed, after all, they had some confronting to do the next day.
____________________
An: Oof. That's done. Hope it was good. I liked the ending😂 Let me know if there are any more requests! And thank you for almost 8.5k!

Very Peculiarly Yours,
                           Mrs. Nullings