War! Millard x Reader

AN: This one-shot is for @MyNamesPeace I hope you enjoy it! It's really fluffy!!!!!❤️❤️❤️

____________________

It was unspoken. But it was obvious. There was a war between Millard and I. And it all started the other week, when Millard scared the crap out of me. He was sitting quietly and I walked past where he was. He apparently saw this as the perfect opportunity to scare me. So he shouted my name. I jumped, startled, and ended up in my room. Great. So I got him back. I teleported to him when he was taking his precious notes. I ended up right in front of his face.

"BOO!" I shouted. He fell back, screaming. I was on the ground laughing. This continued for the past week. Each scare getting better and better. But today, I had a great idea....

I woke up early and walked to the shed and grabbed the biggest can of paint I could hold. Then I teleported back inside. Once Millard left, I waited. A few minutes later, I teleported with the paint can. I landed right in front of Millard and dumped the contents of the paint can on his head.

"HA! Got you!" Then I teleported home. He couldn't get me back. That was too good. But boy was I wrong....

Over the next few days, the "war" seemed to dwindle down to nothing. I knew that paint was hard to compete  with. So I was the undeclared champion. For a little while at least. Later on that night, after supper and the changeover, I was reading in the library. Unbeknownst to me, Millard walked in. But he didn't try to scare me. He just went about his business, collecting more books to read later on. I just sat there, reading. I was vulnerable. I didn't know he was here, and I was too into my book to notice, well, anything. But as quickly as he came in, he left. I just sat there reading and reading until I finished the book. I closed it and just sat there for a second, remembering where I was and who I was. Reading always does that to me. It sucks me into a vortex of other dimensions and new adventures, and I forget everything happening around me. I got up, walked back to my room, and just sat there. Staring into space. I must've completely zoned out, because I didn't see Millard, fully dressed, walk into my room. I snapped out of it, though, when a pair of lips smashed into mine.

"What?" I said shocked.

"Boo." Said Millard.

"I thought our little war was over?"

"I got the last shot." He held out his hand "Truce?" I smiled, but didn't take his hand. Instead, I pressed my lips back into his.

"Truce." I said when I pulled away, smiling.

"Good." He said back. And every since that day, Millard Nullings has been my boyfriend.

_____________________
I hope you liked it! It took me awhile to write, even though it was short. (Sorry bout that)

Very Peculiarly Yours,
Mrs. Nullings