Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

“Reo, can I have a word with you?” It was later in the morning before Akashi left for work he entrust him to something. He blinks as he looked at the ruby colored box. It wasn’t made of wood but a bit on the glass side, “A box…?” he shifts his gaze to Akashi who nods.

“It contains something very important inside and I entrust you to hold on to it until the time comes.”

Reo frowned, “Time? What time?” he noticed his knuckles tightens on his jeans. It must be very important for Akashi to entrust him with this box. After moments of silent, Akashi looked at him.

“You’ll know when it comes.”

One year and 10 months later,

“Let see, where I put it…”he mumbles as he searched through the cabinets, “I know I put it here when he brought it here…” he frowned. The whole apartment was a mess. He spent entire morning searching the place for that one box, his old friend entrust to him.

On the flat screen TV, the news was broadcasting a certain band, announcing their next concert and PVs.

It has been over a year since he received the box and he has forgotten where he hid it, “Stupid me, why the hell did I hid it? Sei-chan’s definitely going to have my head when I’m dead.” He furrowed, “No, I’m already as good as dead if I lost the box.”

He continued mumbling until; he put aside several large boxes. His eyes widen the moment he saw the said box hidden behind the other boxes. The glass ruby box. It was not too big or too small, just the right size to put important things in it. He looked at the box. His orbs sadden, “It’s time isn’t it, Sei-chan…?” he gets up from the floor and went to the living room as he grabbing his car keys and phone before leaving the apartment.

----

Kuroko could never get use to stay in the hospital. She dislikes the smell of the medicines in the air. She didn’t like the white sheets on the bed. She didn't like the quiet murmurs among the nurses down the hall. She didn't like the large room she’s staying in. It made her felt small and alone. She shifts uncomfortably on the bed, with much effort she brought herself up.

Her sapphire orbs falls onto the white roses the silver haired man brought for her three days ago. Her brother, Hibiki brought a beautiful vase for the roses and puts them near the windows opposite her bed. A small smile crept onto her face. The night shine from the moon gave the roses a magical effect underneath its shine.

Haizaki promised to return to visit her next day but he never showed up after that day. She was a bit worried for her friend since he was acting odd after he abruptly stopped in the middle of his sentence in the garden. He was on his guard with his cold silver orbs often travels around to each person and corner he passed by. He only left after the two nurses in charge of her came around to accompany her to the rehabilitation center. Other than his odd behavior, he was acting like himself. His silently smiled at the joke she made or at something, she said.

.

.

The two of them laughed at the joke Haizaki made after they return to her room. The cold man does not seem to care how her condition was. He was more focus on seeing her. He then searched something in his jacket pockets, “There it is. Here, it’s for you.” He grabs her hands and puts something on her palm.