Chapter Five

*Beta-ed by imKimTheWriter! Thank you again! 3

Previous on Chapter Four

"Akashi-kun…"

"Is it that hard for you to trust me...Tetsuki...?" Flashes of hurt appeared in his hetero orbs.

"Just go away!"

"Tetsuki, I want you to know that I want to sing your songs, no matter what! We have promised!"

'Hurry…if I'm with you…I'll just be…swept away again…and you'll get hurt...'

___________________

It was time for the next practical class for the percussion students. Kagami bid a bye to the bluenette before parting ways for his next class, promising that he would meet her during lunch break. Kuroko nodded, her big round sapphire orbs followed the sight of Kagami's figure before he disappeared into the sea of students. She sighed. It has been a long day for her and yet the days still not even half gone by. She hoped that it would be over soon.

Slowly, she settled in one of the empty seats in the large lecturing hall. Two black grand pianos stood beautifully at the front of the board. Everyone else was still preoccupied with searching for an empty seat while some are busy talking to one another. Her orbs focused on the music sheet in the folder she brought along, her eyes saddened.

"Tetsuki, I want you to know that I want to sing your songs, no matter what! We have promised!"

His words rang in her mind. It hasn't been long after what happened earlier. After all these years, she has tried so hard to keep away from him.

.

.

She has left Japan along with her childhood friend, Kagami Taiga in hopes to find a cure for her disease. It was not long later; Akashi announced his engagement with a business tycoon's only daughter, Suzuki Luka who was also a renowned singer who often pairs up with Akashi to perform their albums. The news hit her hard, but she also realized she has no time to dwell in the past and so she began to drown herself in her songs.

To Kuroko, each second passed by is a step closer to her death bed. Each second she wasted; she will be falling behind even further from reaching for her dreams. However, no matter how strong a person is, they can never be able to bottle everything up forever. They are bound to break and shatter into small pieces.

That includes Kuroko herself.

.

.

She then noticed a tall shadow casted on her table. She blinked as she shifted her gaze to the side. There stood a tall blonde haired teen, the keyboardist of the renowned teen band and a model since he was young. His hands were occupied by several books while a tangy orange colored stripes backpack slang over his shoulder. Kise Ryota, her partner in percussion classes until they graduate from the university.

"Kuroko-chii~" He smiled as he tilted his head a bit. His long bangs fell to the side, giving him that princely-dreamy vibe which doesn't affect the bluenette at all. How the blonde was always so pessimistic about everything was a mystery to her. His talents aren't questionable, though. He is a brilliant musician to Kuroko's eyes.

"Kise-kun, hello." She greeted as she scooted over to another seat, giving the blonde a space to sit. She then continued reading her notes. The blonde let out a soft sigh as he sat down before resting his chin on his palm while eyeing the bluenette next to him.

He felt delighted to see the bluenette attending classes more frequently, although he furrowed slightly at her pale skin. He knew she's sick but no one knew what it was, still, Kise respected her wishes not to reveal it and became her friend. She was different from any of the girls he has met before. Something about her he can't put his finger on.