Chapter Three

*Beta-ed by imKimTheWriter! Thank you! Despite all the exams you're having, you still got around to do proof read my story!

Previous on Chapter Two

"Damn it all…" He cursed underneath his breath, his visions were completely blurry.

'I…want to hear more of it…'

Akashi weakly opened his eyes the moment he felt a familiar warmth, so familiar that he would have mistaken it as a dream. In front of him, Kuroko looked at him with such kind and gentle eyes, smiling at him. He held her hands, seeking the warmth he has been searching all these years.

'I finally found you…'

__________

The morning sun light beamed warmly yet so brightly through the windows covered by a simple blue sunflower print curtain into the peach colored painted room. The walls were filled with different type of flower-printed wallpapers. The room was decorated with a simple desk, a cupboard and a wardrobe. The bed is leaned against the wall which is occupied by a certain renowned lead singer of the Generation of Miracles, Akashi Seijuro. On his forehead laid a new fever patch, leaving his locks messy. His breath came in slightly as his cheeks flushed in red tints. At the side of the bed, a bucket of cold water and several clean cloths were left there; ready to be used every two-hour of the day.

The door creaked open quietly and there entered a small bluenette holding a small tray with a bowl of porridge and honey-flavored drink along with several medicines. She put the tray on the nightstand before gently wiping off the sweats on the red-haired singer's face. Even with the gentlest and slightest movement, Akashi's eyelids struggled to open before wincing at the sunlight. Her gentle warm voice rang in his ears.

"Akashi-kun, you need to eat something before you drink these medicines, I made porridge for you." She helped him to sit up, then she quickly stuffed more pillows behind his back for him to lean against to. His hetero orbs are glazed by extreme fatigue and fever. He simply nodded before shifting his gaze to the lady who was busy preparing his meal.

"When did I get back…into the bed…?" His voice was hoarse from the coughing he had earlier.

"Taiga carried you back to the bed when we found you in the living room asleep on the floor." She replied, although the last part was a lie. She found Akashi half conscious in the living room when she heard raspy breaths echoe lightly in the quiet living room of the apartment while Kagami was already dead asleep in his own room.

"I gave the university a call about you being absent today, Taiga has passed along a message to your friends that you will take a few days leave from work and school." She smiled.

However, Akashi was too delirious with the fever; she knew that she mustn't let him know anything further about herself as he already overheard her singing voice. It was something she must not let anyone heard other than her childhood friend, Kagami, and the recording team.

"I see…I apologize for troubling both you and Kagami…but I must get back to work; next performance is in a week…" Akashi said weakly, trying to leave the bed before staggering. Kuroko quickly put the empty bowl away and caught the red-head in time before he crashed to the floor. She sighed in relief before the door burst opened. The tall tanned teen who Akashi had seen with the bluenette back at the university's campus glared at him.

Kagami approached the two before pulling Akashi away from the bluenette and promptly pushed him back to the bed. The taller crimson haired teen towered him.

"I didn't follow Tetsu's request to bring you back with us just to see you going back to work in that shape of yours. So either you shut up and sit in the bed quietly until Tetsu sees your fever's gone, or I will throw you in a ditch." He warned before motioning his childhood friend to get the medicine from the tray.