Chapter Ten

• Dedicated to Nur Eka Evidyanti

Previous on Chapter Nine

In the end, I am only a puppet …

"Kuroko – chii, it would really mean a lot to me if you could come and watch me perform" it was quiet but Kuroko could hear clearly.

"…If you really want to thank the donator…he's the very same person who given you those roses"

"I can but you both must never tell him about this. Promise?" in all seriousness she asked. The other two nodded.

'She's here…'

_______________________________________

The band members of the renowned Generation of Miracles gathered outside the ward, waiting for an answer from the doctor was in charge of that evening. The atmosphere was gloomy as all of the band members stood quietly, eyes bores holes into the floor beneath them.

They felt guilty, not only they knew the red haired singer was extremely exhausted and stressed out after returning from Kyoto, but they didn't do everything they can to stop him from going onto that stage and pushed himself to his last ounce of energy.

Kuroko were requested to accompany the red head singer into the ambulance by his friends sat quietly, praying that, it was only exhaustion that have driven Akashi to this point. Even so, when she saw Akashi miserable and pained looks on his face before he collapsed, she felt as if, he is hiding something from everyone.

In her hands, lays her long lost pendant necklace. She has been searching for it and to think it was in the possession of Akashi. She must have dropped it when she bumped into him for the first time in the campus.

'Why didn't he return it to me…?'

The sound of the automatic sliding door slides opened gained everyone attentions as they all began to flock the raven-haired doctor, Takao Kazunari; apparently, he is a close friend of a certain forest green head doctor in Shutoku Private Hospital.

"He's doing alright but I suggest he takes sometimes off from work and everything else. I don't know what he did until he's like this but he needs a long rest. A body cannot function well if it doesn't get proper rest. Unfortunately, an abundant amount of stress and being dehydrated contributes to his exhaustion, so I hope you all would understand." He explained as he puts his stethoscope into his white hospital coat, and then he noticed the bluenette behind the other taller males from the corner of his eyes.

"I can't allow any visitors at the moment but rest assure, you can visit him tomorrow, even though there is no guarantee if he would be awake by then but I'm sure he would be happy to see you there" he smiled. All eyes focused onto the bluenette who blinks at the doctor words. Takao chuckled. Kise frowned. After several exchanged of words, they all went home. Kuroko was the last one to leave after everyone went on. She hesitated to leave Akashi all alone in the hospital.

Takao flipped through several health documents before resting his chin onto his knuckles. He shifted his gaze to his now cold cup of coffee.

"Kuroko Tetsuki…am I right?" he approached the pianist after the other band members left. She did not even budge from her spot in front of the door that she has been staring. She quickly stood up as she gave a small bow to the doctor.

"Thank you, for looking after Akashi-kun" she said. He smiled as he motioned her to sit as he took a seat near her. He leaned back against the chair.

"How did you know my name…?" she broke the quiet air.

"Ah, you don't remember me, do you?" she titled her head. Her big round orbs blinks.