Thirty-Five

WARNING: There discussions of suicide and depression in this chapter. If easily triggered, please skip once you get to Stiles regretting Eichen House until next checkpoint of *^*^*^* appears.

After dropping his exhausted, emotional best friend back home with her sister and making sure that she would be alright, Scott headed to his next destination. To be truthful, he wanted nothing more than to go home and call it a night, since he was still trying to process Stiles checking himself into a mental institution. However, he knew he couldn't avoid Allison forever.

She had texted him before he found out about Stiles, claiming they needed to talk. He attempted to pry more information out in his reply, but the girl wouldn't budge. She wanted to do it person. This being said, Scott couldn't keep his brain from thinking about all the possible conversations she was aiming for.

He knew it wasn't to get back together. Not yet anyways. Both of them were taking the present to explore other options; Allison with Isaac and himself with Kira. And there was too much drama to restart their relationship now, mostly dealing against the Oni and Nogitsune. So, he wondered what else she could want to discuss.

A nervous sigh escaped him as he stood in front of the apartment door, before he finally gained the courage to knock gently on the wood. He sucked in a breath once it opened, revealing the tired huntress, who had a small smile on her lips.

Scott could tell that she was ready to go to sleep, a soft grey crewneck sweatshirt enveloping her torso and her favorite pair of leggings covering the rest of her legs. Her dark brown, almost black, hair was messily piled on the top of her head with random pieces fluttering down to shape her face. "Hey," she greeted him, rubbing one of her eyes. "Sorry, I was just watching some TV. You can come on in."

"No, you're perfectly fine," Scott brushed it off and followed her inside. "Are you alright?" He had to ask after she closed the door, concerned that she was keeping huge news from him.

"Physically, yes," she answered honestly. "I'm just tired."

"Then you need to rest," Scott informed her. "We can talk tomorrow."

"No, no it's fine," Allison assured him, waving her hand. "If we don't talk now, we never will. We both have a habit of pushing things away until it's too late and the sooner we discuss things, the better." Once they sat down on the couch, an entire cushion between them, she spoke up again quietly. "How's Stiles?"

"I wish I knew," Scott sighed heavily, leaning back against the leather. "He thinks he's protecting us by going to Eichen, but I think it was a mistake. Sierra and I tried to convince him he'd be safer with us, but after what happened at the animal clinic...he could barely look us in the eye."

"Where's Sierra now?" she questioned, worried about her other friend. Allison saw first-hand how much Stiles's disappearance bothered the girl. Now that he was purposely putting distance between them, Allison was scared of Sierra's reaction.

Scott thought back to how Sierra hugged him in Eichen's parking lot, remembering the tears streaming down her face, and frowned. "She's at home," he told Allison, his face falling. He closed his eyes for a moment, shaking his head. "Jemma promised me she'd watch out for her."

"But?"

"But what?"

He opened his eyes again and turned his body to face her out of curiosity. The brunette raised one of her eyebrows and looked at him knowingly. "I know you well enough that that isn't enough for you. You're worried about her."

Scott slowly nodded; he couldn't hide anything from her if he tried. "Ever since we sacrificed ourselves for our parents, it seems like she's been struggling. I don't know, I mean, she's still herself don't get me wrong but something just seems...off."