Chapter 40: Destinies Change

2 years ago. December 1997. Malfoy Manor.

The large oak black doors to the Manor open with an audible bang as Luna was dragged across the stone cold marble floor. Her arms were still harshly grabbed on by two masked Death Eaters as they passed the Manor lobby through the drawing room... towards the dungeon where she would be locked up.

Slowly as they entered the drawing room, her tired gaze traveled towards a death eater holding a sharp knife as she interrogated the goblin in front of her sitting down on the chair with restraints surrounding him. The female death eater had long, thick shiny dark hair, thin lips, heavily-lidded eyes with long eyelashes, and a strong jaw. She was screaming something inaudible to the goblin as she slashed another wound to the goblin's cheek with her blade, a trail of blood trickled down.

"Bellatrix." One of the death eaters holding onto Luna spoke timidly.

The woman whipped her head around and faced them with wide angry eyes, before her gaze travelled to Luna and their eyes met. Surprisingly, Luna's eyes did not show fear or waver in the slightest. There was hope in her eyes. Bellatrix cackled evilly at Luna and made a sound of disgust.

"Stupid girl." She laughed. "Whatever are you hoping for? That someone would come to save you?"

"I do have hope." Luna smiled back at her confidently. "I know that Harry will. The Nargles told me."

The three Death Eaters bellowed with laughter.

"She's even loonier than I thought." One of them roared with laughter before turning to look at Bellatrix again. "What should we do with her now?"

Bellatrix eyed Luna up and down with disgust before taking her harshly by the arm and turned to face the other two Death Eaters.

"I'll take her to The Dark Lord myself." She said. "I think our little friend here..." She gestured to the goblin. "...needs a bit more questioning, don't you think, boys?"

The two death eaters laughed before cracking their knuckles and drawing their wands. Luna could not see what had happened next, because in the next instant, Bellatrix had dragged her out of the room and down into the dungeons.

...

"It would be wise to kill me."

Ravenna's cold voice echoed the dark dungeon walls as Voldemort held his wand to her throat and pressed harder, smiling darkly at her words. She was stuck to the wall in magical restraints bound by Voldemort, ensuring that she would not fight back during the interrogation.

"Do not mistake the fact that I have allowed you to live for compassion, my dear Ravenna ." He smiled darkly at them. "You have failed me for the last time..."

"There is a purpose for everything in the world..." Ravenna simply retorted. "...and a way to destroy it."

"Tsk. Tsk." The Dark Lord laughed and shook his head. "I see you remember your lessons."

Slowly, Voldemort stepped back then pointed his wand at her and muttered softly.

" Crucio ."

Ravenna doubled over in pain as she screamed, the screams emitted from her surrounded the Malfoy Manor dungeon as he roared darkly with laughter. Although the torture was nothing new to Ravenna, the pain searing through her body could only multiply each time another Cruciatus Curse was struck.

The sound of heels hitting the floor alerted Voldemort as he lowered his wand and the pain slowly started to fade from Ravenna's body. He turned to the source of the noise to find Bellatrix waiting by the dungeon gate, holding a small blonde teenage girl harshly by the arm before throwing her in the dungeon in the corner with Ollivander, who was shaking profusely in fear. Luna stumbled to the floor as Bellatrix pushed her inside and let out a soft sound of pain... but she still had hope, hope that Harry and his friends would come eventually and save her. Ollivander rushed forward to help her stand up as Luna looked at the familiar face and smiled.