Please come back

Joey walked into my room, lights dimmed, the only think that could be heard is the beep of the varies machines I was hooked too, tears dropped his eyes. Joey cautiously walked to the bedside grabbing my hand. "Sweetbaby"' Sweetbaby Im...Im here we all are". Joey sat for a moment waiting for any indication that I had heard him all he heard was the beep of monitors. Tears continued to slid down his cheeks as he sat next to the bed holding my scrapped up hand hoping and praying for any sight at all that I heard him. A short while later a small tap on the door could be heard, Joey looked up to find Kay at the door, "Joesph"" come in mama", Kay walked in and Joey stood up as Kay wrapped her arms around him and just broke and cried onto his mothers shoulder. "Mama""Joesph""Mama what...what if she doesnt wake up,what am I supposed to do without her?""Joesph...Joesph listen to me she is gonna comeback, she is strong and a fighter she isnt gonna leave you or those kids." Joey lifts his head wiping his eyes, "Joesph...son listen to me she needs you those babies need you to be strong, she needs you to be strong for her."" Mama I dont think I can""you can and you will, because she needs you they need you.""I know, where are the kids are they OK?""Alma is at your house with them"" Do they know?""No, I dont think we should tell them right now they are still to young""mama what...what if she....""Joesph Mulrey Mcintyre dont you dare think like that, just because you dont see her responding doesnt mean she isnt fighting like hell she isnt gonna leave them kids are you you cant even think about that""I...I cant do this without her""I know and your not gonna!""I dont know mama look at her" tears started again, Kay fighting back tears to try to remain strong for her baby boy even though she wasnt even sure of what she was telling him was true.

"Son can I have a minute with my daughter please""I dont wanna leave her" Joey said as he sat in the chair next to the bed rubbing my hand with his thumb. "Son please... go get a up of coffee,check on the kids, check in downstairs everyone is still waiting on word downstairs""I dont wanna leave""Joesph do it now please,I like a few moments alone""fine, Ill be back in ten minutes" he stood leaned down and kissing the only spot on my head he could fine that didnt have a bandage,tube or some kinda cut,"Ill be right back Sweetbaby, Ma is here your not alone...I love you..Always" and with a hug to Kay he stepped out. Kay stepped over to the side of the bed and grabbed my hand just as the doctor walked in, "Hello, Im Doctor Wong and you are""Kay Mcintyre she is my daughter in law, well she is my daughter""Mrs Mcintyre I was told that her husband was here""Please call me Kay my son stepped out to call and check on their children and update family downstairs""I do need to speak with her husband Kay, I need discuss some of the test results that we had done on this young later""he should be back up in ten minutes""Ill be back after I make my rounds""Thank you". Doctor Wong walked out closing the door behind him, Kay pulled the chair closer to the bed and takes my hand in hers as a tear slid down her cheek, "darling its Ma Im here Joesph went to call and check on the babies. Listen to me darling you have to keep fighting,you have a whole lotta people pulling for you. Sweetheart I know you can hear me, Joesph needs you and them babies need you. Please come back to them. You know I love you you my daughter in every sense of the term you know that. Please Joesph isnt gonna make it without you." Just then Kay heard the door open and she wiped her eyes quick, "Mama""yes Joesph Im over here with Lee""she ok""No change her doctor came in he said he like to discuss some of her test results with you", Joey let out a frustrated breath,"now Joesph we dont know if this is something negitive it might be good news""maybe mama but I dont know I just feel so helpless""I know but you know we are all here for you""I know". They sat quitely Joey next to the bed holding my hand,It was a short time later when doctor Wong showed back up. "Mr Mcintyre""Joe""Joe, Im doctor Wong I will be caring for your lovely wife well she is here. I wanted to go over some test results that we ran.""Ok""Well she does have some swelling on the brain, but she does have strong brain activity. I am concerned with fact that she doesnt seem to responding to the antibiotics she is receiving.""Let me ask you honestly is she....""Im going to be honest with you son as it stands its really a 50/50 chance.""Is there anything I can do to tell""you are doing the best thing for her you can be doing,I wish I had better news to give you."