Getting ready for goodbye

The next three weeks passed in a blink of a eye and here we were October 30th day before Halloween and two days before Joey leaves for tour. Him and the guys been busy rehearsing and prepping for tour, lucky for us Johnny and Maurice let him dip out early tomorrow so we could take the kids out trick or treating. Jessica and Nick flew in a few days ago with Avery to be here with me when Joey flies out. They will be here for the week following Joey leaving Joey not comfortable leaving me alone and Jessica knowing how emotional and heartbroken I will be.

Here it is Halloween day and Jessica and I are wandering around Arlene's with all three kids shopping for costumes for them and her brilliant idea that we dress up too, she wanted Nick and Joey to dress up too both of them flat out refused. We continue wandering around the store Biscuit and Vic following close behind just to ensure no problems happen. After awhile the kids costumes were all picked and we had three happy kids JJ was going to be Olef from Frozen and Victoria and Avery were Elsa and Anna. B took the kids out to grab some happy meals leaving Jessica and I to look for our costumes with Vic watching our backs. Joey insists on security lately when I go out because of the popularity of the guys recently he wants to ensure I am not put in a situation at 6 months pregnant that I can't get myself out of and me and the baby get hurt and with Jessica with me he is even more riding my ass to have Vic or B with me at all times. Jessica found her costume a short time later a sexy cop costume and here a sit a huge whale trying to find something cute with no such luck. Jessica noticed right away the tears that have formed in my eyes, "Dollface whats wrong?""Jess I hate this""what ""I'm a huge fucking whale and here I am shopping with you who is like a walking stick with tits!""Dollface your six months pregnant""and""and you aren't a whale, sweetie your all baby""I know and Joey tells me all the time Im beautiful and he loves me but I cant help but wonder well he is touring if some cute skinny girl is going to get his attention and that will be the time that I loose him.""Dollface that will never happen seriously he loves you so much, I never seen someone love another person the way he loves you". She pulls me into a hug " what do you say we get outta here, head back to your house get into our Jammies and crack out on Ice Loves CoCo and eat junk food upstairs, Ill call Nick he can amuse the kids downstairs."I wiped a tear that escaped "I like that".Jessica cashed out real quick and we headed to her rental. Vic had texted B to tell him to drive back to my house with the kids and Vic would follow us back.

We headed in Nick was sitting on the couch much like Joey basketball game on TV waiting on us to come home. Jessica told him what was up and we headed upstairs to change after ordering a pizza and grabbing a bunch of snacks. I honestly needed this, I haven't had a night like this in so long last time was with Rae before any of the kids were even born. Rae has become more like a distant memory than someone who was the closest person to me other than Joe. She had chosen Jim over the friendships she had long before him and its now made it difficult for Donnie to even see his daughter without some sort of conflict. We flopped down on to the bed and turned one Ice Loves Coco on the dvr and right away Jessica was stuffing her face with oreo's. "God Jess how do you eat like that and still be so freaking tiny?""High metabolism I guess "and she giggled. We continued our girls night and Nick was great he kept all three kids and four dogs occupied downstairs. It was about seven when the bedroom door opened and there stood Joey, Sweetbaby""Hey""whats going on I came home and Nick was entertaining 3 kids 4 dogs and cooking dinner well on the phone with his agent?""Joey listen this was all my doing and Nick doesnt mind, Lee was feeling overwhelmed when we were out today so I suggested we come home and do a girls night""ok well thats all well and good but what had you so overwhelmed sweetbaby?" Joey walks over sitting next to me on the bed wrapping him arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him, "Imma give y'all a few Im gonna help my husband", Jessica walked out shutting the door behind her. " Ok now that were alone whats going on baby?""its  just everything the tour, you leaving, being pregnant, I...just""you just what baby?""I don't know if I can do this"" baby we done this before twice""I know but you never were not here when I delivered""there is no telling Im gonna be on the road when you have him""Joey Im due in three months which is smack dab in the middle of the tour." Tears in my eyes now falling down my cheek, I feel him pull me in closer and place a kiss on my head, " sweetbaby am I not there whenever you need me""yes"" what is going to make this any diffrent now""everything about this is diffrent Joey""how so... tell me""Ive never been pregnant well have two kids already well your on tour, Im sicker that shit all the time, you know this. Also everyone is over a hour drive away, Jess and Nick is only going to be here a short time and then they have to go back to LA Nick has his own tour starting.""Oook so when I toured and you were pregnant when was it you were most comfortable then well I was gone?"" When I was pregnant with Brook and back home with Ma""Then thats what we do""Joey I just cant go with both our kids and three dogs and just stay at ma's ""why not""thats entirely to much for her""sweetbaby she will love it, you know she been complaining the house is to quite and she is always alone, besides really, have you met my mom sometimes I think she loves you more than me!""Joey!" I let out a little giggle, "What Im serious, and this way I dont have to worry if your ok because mom wont let you not take care of yourself. I honestly been thinking about it since we got word on the tour.""Thats all fine Joey but who is going to upkeep this house"" I'll just have someone come in once a week and do what has to be done ok, now you need to relax."" Relax really still doesnt help the fact Im going to deliver this baby alone!" I feel Joey lift my chin till Im looking in those deep blue eyes and he spoke softly " I will be there sweetbaby I promise". His lips press gently against mine, a smile crosses my face. He pulls back standing up, " Im going to go get Jessica, you girls finish your evening, Im going to help Nick." "Joey I love you""I love you too my sweetbaby""promise""more than anything in my life...always." He turned and walked out shutting the door behind him. Jessica walked up a few minutes later and sat next to me, " you ok dollface""yea, we talked""what he say?""After you leave to go back to LA Im going to go back home to Jamaica Plains and stay with Kay well he is on tour.""Thats good, we all don't have to worry that your all the way out here by yourself."" I know I should be relived that Im going to go back and stay with Kay Im just not""why sweetie?""because Jess he will be in the middle of the tour when I have this baby.""Leesa Renee you know damn well he will not miss the birth of his child.""Jessica he may not have a choice""I wouldn't worry about it, honestly Joe has never not been there when you needed him.""I know its just""I get it....come on lets chill and finish what we were doing ok?""I like that."

The next day in a flash, and here we are Joe and I getting JJ and Victoria ready for trick or treating with Jessica and Nick and instead of being excited I am just dreading the night ending because it means Joe would be leaving in the morning.